Auteur Sujet: Hi New Player  (Lu 35315 fois)

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Hi New Player
« Réponse #15 le: 03 septembre 2019, 17:08:57 pm »
Hi,

Could you say the problems ? Crash ? dlls missing ?

For crash : probably a problem with your drivers (sound or display)
Sometimes, it seems there is a problem with DirectX9 sound. I have to rewrite a short part about the sound managment

Dll missing : you have to put the dlls in the folder HistWar, where you find the different programs (editors, installer, game itself...)
That said, during the installation, HW verifies the pakages installed  (directX, Microsoft...) et tries to automatically install ones missing.

Best Regards

JMM

I guess it's possible that I have driver problems, but I don't know what they would be. My computer is basically new (summer of 2018). I'm running a GeForce 1050t card, i7 processor. Not sure what drivers I would need. I have better than DirectX 9, I'm pretty sure.
MarshalJean

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Hi New Player
« Réponse #16 le: 03 septembre 2019, 17:24:50 pm »
Hi MJ

Take a look at your PM for the link.

For displaying the new graphical mode, you must a display width over 1280 pixels.

Sound : curious to get a white noise : probably the sound driver isn't the good.
For the graphic board : take a look at NVidia website for downloading the last driver
HW installs DirectX9 if this one isn't installed on your system.
This install doesn't modiffy the other directX packages (DX10/11/12)

JMM

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #17 le: 03 septembre 2019, 17:26:59 pm »
Could you check the map editor ?

JMM

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #18 le: 03 septembre 2019, 18:31:41 pm »
Okay. Thanks. I’ll give this one a try and get back to you, including loading the map editor.

Thanks again.
MarshalJean

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #19 le: 03 septembre 2019, 19:56:56 pm »
Hello, Colonel Direct.
I would really appreciate it if you would help me. I got my new Windows 10 machine last year and the first game I installed on it was HistWar Napoleon. It always ran without a hitch on my old Win 7 machine, including many of the mods made by players (like Penninsular and 100 Days). Anyway, it seems like you started with problems and then fixed them. What did you do?  Why does it work now for you?  I haven't been able to get it to work for me on Windows 10, even running it on Win 7 compatibility mode. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks!

P.S.
When you say you placed the Dlls into the main folder, which folder are you calling the "main folder"?  :)

MJ

Find the games .exe file, e.g. mine is Histwar2.exe, right click go to properties, click compatibility tab and select compatibility for Windows 7 then select run as Administrator
Also read this article https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/set-compatibility-mode-windows-10
« Modifié: 03 septembre 2019, 20:02:06 pm par AJ »

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #20 le: 04 septembre 2019, 13:06:28 pm »
Okay. Thanks, AJ, for the compatibility tip. I tried it and was definitely doing it right.

This time, I started with a clean re-downloaded copy of the game files and installed it. The shell would open, but when I tried to change to full screen, it would crash. If I kept it as a window, I could enter the main program. If I loaded the map editor, I could navigate around the 3D map and the images came in fine. But I tried to load a battle, (Austerlitz, for example), the game would load with the old GUI, the 3D landscape was completely muddled, and then it would quickly crash.

Seems like a display problem of some kind. Right now, my display is set at 1980 x 1080.  But these same problems happen whether I am running in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility modes. Not sure what to do to either (1) enter full screen mode or (2) keep the game from crashing when actually loading the 3D landscape with units in order to fight a battle.

Thanks!

MJ
MarshalJean

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Hi New Player
« Réponse #21 le: 04 septembre 2019, 13:08:00 pm »
Could you check the map editor ?

JMM

Like I told AJ, I loaded the map editor (although not in full screen mode, see post above) and it worked fine. But I did not try to create a map or edit one. I just entered the Austerlitz 3D map and maneuvered the camera around. It looked good. But I still cannot play the game, as is.

MJ
MarshalJean

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #22 le: 06 septembre 2019, 21:35:55 pm »
Okay. Thanks, AJ, for the compatibility tip. I tried it and was definitely doing it right.

This time, I started with a clean re-downloaded copy of the game files and installed it. The shell would open, but when I tried to change to full screen, it would crash. If I kept it as a window, I could enter the main program. If I loaded the map editor, I could navigate around the 3D map and the images came in fine. But I tried to load a battle, (Austerlitz, for example), the game would load with the old GUI, the 3D landscape was completely muddled, and then it would quickly crash.

Seems like a display problem of some kind. Right now, my display is set at 1980 x 1080.  But these same problems happen whether I am running in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility modes. Not sure what to do to either (1) enter full screen mode or (2) keep the game from crashing when actually loading the 3D landscape with units in order to fight a battle.

Thanks!

MJ

Make sure the DirectX 9c is installed even if you have a later version and make sure you are running HG as an administrator
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429