Auteur Sujet: A question about visibility.  (Lu 5673 fois)

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
A question about visibility.
« le: 22 novembre 2014, 09:11:52 am »
When option visibility is switch to unconditional, does the ai switch off its fog of war, do they see what we see, or, is the ai fow mechanism still in play.
VC has suggested testing games with this in unconditional mode so that we can assess corps reactions during battle.

All I need to know is that will the ai be reacting to what we see, or will they still be using fow??

Regards Friant.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : A question about visibility.
« Réponse #1 le: 22 novembre 2014, 10:17:06 am »
Hi,

No difference between player and AI... this one uses the same data base with the same FoW...
Just an information about the FoW : the sound and the view are used for building the data base.. so it is possible that an unit is detected behind a hill. Maybe I'll work on that for getting a best system (ie : don't use the sound for an unit without movement)

JMM

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #2 le: 22 novembre 2014, 10:52:02 am »
Ah, I think we forget about sound... you don't have to see them to know that they are there, good reminder...
Maybe I'll work on that for getting a best system (ie : don't use the sound for an unit without movement)
If the above is possible, then yes, it would make good sense to have this. After all a unit in defensive position should be motionless and therefore quiet...
Thanks.

No difference between player and AI... this one uses the same data base with the same FoW...
Just to confirm, with visibility unconditional the ai still uses fow and does not see everything as the player does?
Sorry JMM its the translation, the first bit contradicts the second bit.
I think what you are saying is fow is working for ai, regardless of what player can see when using unconditional visibility.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 22 novembre 2014, 11:09:47 am »
Sorry if my sentence isn't clear...
If you play without FoW, AI plays without FoW...
No difference between player and AI... both player and AI see the same things...
Is better ?

JMM

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #4 le: 22 novembre 2014, 12:17:29 pm »
Perfect.  ;)