Auteur Sujet: Fellow Generals (Steam)  (Lu 8605 fois)

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Fellow Generals (Steam)
« le: 17 novembre 2014, 19:18:32 pm »
responding to an email from Sandman (FG on Steam)

....Lancier,  just got fed up with inactivity by all on our board including the European Clubs.
We counted 2 MP games with Le Battalion Carre'/ Bussy, and that includes me because
after Quadrigame +2 got finished I left for a 2 week holiday in Newfoundland, Canada
and didn't bring the game along. I think 1 MP was done between Lord Helmchen and Lancier
that I know of, a a couple of meetings between Lancier and I...
so I feel responsible for not being active at a crucial time, with what it seemed a cummunity disintegrating
all around us as well... the French Club seem to fair a little better in regards to HistWar : they have
their disagreements where they don't bite just nibble a little bit...we in the English side are 'passionate'
about it (not to say that the French are 'dead'  ah ah ah  :D)

We couldn't get a proper Tournament going due to lack of dual languages French and English
players on our mutual boards. We lucked out when we got Lord Helmchen in our club and in
the Fellow Generals on Steam...which is not active even with games we share...we are friends
but with little activity with each other  ah ah ah  :D

The list of possible playable scenarios is not available yet, as you know we where waiting for
a patch from JMM to apply and test out....which we all should do in community .
There is no physical way to test each scenario built with previous versions to check for 'bug introduction'.
and finally not all players are on board even regarding the flavor of gaming style.

....I tend to design divisional (endless scenarios from JTiller campaigns)to larger historical engagements
researched and tweeked for HistWar playability ... humble mumble  :D
However I also like large MP battles a la Gunner 24 where multiplayer  feel and community is vibrant
and an enjoyable affair...like the miniature table games of old  :D

Fellow Generals will go when Fellow Generals get together for a friendly or a Tournament which is
set up in common...
When I lost Lancier I lost a good manager, but we keep in touch at Wargaming Society we are in the Coalition
Army. and we will play HistWar N as soon as the game becomes a performer for the rest of the members in
that club...right now there is a little negative feedback regarding bugs and such but not an all out negative
response.

Luck is when the guy standing next to you gets the arrow.
                                                                                                            Aristotle
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Fellow Generals (Steam)
« Réponse #1 le: 05 juin 2015, 10:53:20 am »
responding to an email from Sandman (FG on Steam)

....Lancier,  just got fed up with inactivity by all on our board including the European Clubs.
We counted 2 MP games with Le Battalion Carre'/ Bussy, and that includes me because
after Quadrigame +2 got finished I left for a 2 week holiday in Newfoundland, Canada
and didn't bring the game along. I think 1 MP was done between Lord Helmchen and Lancier
that I know of, a a couple of meetings between Lancier and I...
so I feel responsible for not being active at a crucial time, with what it seemed a cummunity disintegrating
all around us as well... the French Club seem to fair a little better in regards to HistWar : they have
their disagreements where they don't bite just nibble a little bit...we in the English side are 'passionate'
about it (not to say that the French are 'dead'  ah ah ah  :D)

We couldn't get a proper Tournament going due to lack of dual languages French and English
players on our mutual boards. We lucked out when we got Lord Helmchen in our club and in
the Fellow Generals on Steam...which is not active even with games we share...we are friends
but with little activity with each other  ah ah ah  :D

The list of possible playable scenarios is not available yet, as you know we where waiting for
a patch from JMM to apply and test out....which we all should do in community .
There is no physical way to test each scenario built with previous versions to check for 'bug introduction'.
and finally not all players are on board even regarding the flavor of gaming style.

....I tend to design divisional (endless scenarios from JTiller campaigns)to larger historical engagements
researched and tweeked for HistWar playability ... humble mumble  :D
However I also like large MP battles a la Gunner 24 where multiplayer  feel and community is vibrant
and an enjoyable affair...like the miniature table games of old  :D

Fellow Generals will go when Fellow Generals get together for a friendly or a Tournament which is
set up in common...
When I lost Lancier I lost a good manager, but we keep in touch at Wargaming Society we are in the Coalition
Army. and we will play HistWar N as soon as the game becomes a performer for the rest of the members in
that club...right now there is a little negative feedback regarding bugs and such but not an all out negative
response.

Luck is when the guy standing next to you gets the arrow.
                                                                                                            Aristotle

Regarding the multiplayer-aspect a major problem was, that most of the participiants, including me, werent able to host a mp-game, although we checked port issues and other conditions which are considered vital to conduct MPs. So the one-on-one tournament´s shedules became really complicated, since except the opponents also an adequate host had to be involved.

BTW sometimes those trolls are useful for bringing up unfinished subjects.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #2 le: 05 juin 2015, 17:08:21 pm »
Hello,

we should try to add Histwar Napoleon to Steam and use the server to play MP's I've been using Hamachi
lately and I report no major issues...sure once in awhile somebody drops off the game but
its not poison  ;)
Spinoza

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #3 le: 19 juin 2015, 10:05:16 am »
As I feel we are mushrooms over her (told nothing and kept in the dark) what is happening with MP for Histwar with Steam.......every time I looks there is no one their.
Is there still issues with bugs ?

Anyway appreciate somone shine some light over here fir us Mushrooms  :lol:
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
Re : Re : Fellow Generals (Steam)
« Réponse #4 le: 20 juin 2015, 05:00:56 am »
As I feel we are mushrooms over her (told nothing and kept in the dark) what is happening with MP for Histwar with Steam.......every time I looks there is no one their.
Is there still issues with bugs ?

Anyway appreciate somone shine some light over here fir us Mushrooms  :lol:

Hi G.     Sunday I will be a guest at the Bataillon Carre were we are going to simulate the battle of Novi Ligure, 1799
with 1805 doctrine standards, a loose Napoleon's Battles system oob with corrections by E Acerbi.
We are testing the MP, bugs, use of steep terrain features, gathering thoughts and ideas regarding how the game engine
is behaving as well as scale buildings to topography, buildings to standard heights, overall performance of the order system.

Far from being experts on the subject we will submit a list of suggestions to the developer.
As an example I question not harshly but simply by observation  in a non SRTM height map environment , one built strictly
with the editor, the disproportion in my view of the comparative height of a church spire in Histwar village compared to an 87 m high hill not but 100 m from it. (standard use floor to ceiling height is listed at 3.5 m x floor) a church bell tower stands at 40 m
to 50 m high.

This may sound petty or trying to find fault; I'm just looking for the right ratio/scale.  Right now a trooper on a horse walking
across a marsh will be completely under water, even assuming that the present environment needs a little height scale correction.
charging across such a ground even at the slowest game speed looks even more far fetched, that's my opinion one I'm always willing to debate.
In any case in the end we shall have to test the new game whenever it will surface.
Spinoza