Auteur Sujet: Great restoration works at Waterloo this week-end.  (Lu 6660 fois)

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
    • Les Monuments de l'Empire
Great restoration works at Waterloo this week-end.
« le: 29 octobre 2012, 14:38:39 pm »
Great restoration operation at Waterloo this week-end.
We (the ACMN) restored/cleaned 8 memorials on the Waterloo battlefield, among these 5 at Goumont.
http://napoleon-monuments.eu/ACMN/Restaurations2012.htm

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Great restoration works at Waterloo this week-end.
« Réponse #1 le: 29 octobre 2012, 18:59:26 pm »
My respect to this good mans!
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
    • Les Monuments de l'Empire
Re : Great restoration works at Waterloo this week-end.
« Réponse #2 le: 30 octobre 2012, 08:56:05 am »
It's only a small job compared to what the Russians do at Borodino, but the difference is, we do it on our free time and with our money, because the authorities don't do it. In Russia, the authorities preserve and take car of their monuments.
« Modifié: 31 octobre 2012, 11:30:33 am par DominiqueT »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Great restoration works at Waterloo this week-end.
« Réponse #3 le: 30 octobre 2012, 15:08:02 pm »
It's only a small gob compared to what the Russians do at Borodino, but the difference is, we do it on our free time and with our money, because the authorities don't do it. In Russia, the authorities preserve and take car of their monuments.

I always think that Europe much more civilized than Russia, now i see not in all. But i sure your authorities care much more about living than about dead. :smile:
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."