Auteur Sujet: How to play historically in single a Scenario?  (Lu 9486 fois)

Hors ligne Marschal Ney

• Sergent
How to play historically in single a Scenario?
« le: 08 septembre 2012, 07:42:12 am »
Gentlemen,because of the 200th anniversary of the battle of the Moskova,i decided to download the superb scenario made by Jacquinot,the Borodino historical one,with accurate map and the correct disposition and locations of each corp.
now i wanted to start a solo battle,and i choosed the russians,but i noticed that the AI changed all the disposition of the Grand Armee`.
i tried to configure the game like this way.

Season: Summer
Weather:Dry
Scenario ( i tried both,i left it blank once and then i added the Borodino one,that comes with the game)
Maps Room: Borodino Satellite (the one of Jaquinot)
French Army:BorodinoHist (the Jaquinot army)
Allied Army: BorodinoHist (the Jaquinot army)

i also disabled the command to change the army by the AI,but still i can`t start a solo game with both armies in a historical position.
can anyone give me a tip how to play such kind of scenario in solo using the historical positions of both armies?
i thank you in advance for your help.
best regards.

Ney

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : How to play historically in single a Scenario?
« Réponse #1 le: 08 septembre 2012, 09:47:22 am »
but still i can`t start a solo game with both armies in a historical position.

No possible with this version because the AI builds its tactical plan.
This request was asked but I have to work on this.. (planned for version 05)

Sorry
JMM

Hors ligne Marschal Ney

• Sergent
« Réponse #2 le: 08 septembre 2012, 10:16:30 am »
Hello dear JMM,at first let me thank you for your marvelous work with this fantastic and accurate game,this is so far the best tactical Napoleonic game for computers :D
And thank's for your quick response,i will wait for the future updates Les Grognards.
best regards.

Hors ligne Marschal Ney

• Sergent
« Réponse #3 le: 08 septembre 2012, 16:48:59 pm »
Ok gentlem,i have another question for the more expert and fine players of this awesome game.
i see that the comunity created many maps and scenarios for HistWar.
i would like to know how do you play most of these scenario solo? because i noticed that the AI is not so agressive.
do you play like Player Vs Player and give orders to one army and then switch to the other? or how do you suggest to play as a solo gamer?

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Re : Re : How to play historically in single a Scenario?
« Réponse #4 le: 09 septembre 2012, 18:10:55 pm »
Ok gentlem,i have another question for the more expert and fine players of this awesome game.
i see that the comunity created many maps and scenarios for HistWar.
i would like to know how do you play most of these scenario solo? because i noticed that the AI is not so agressive.
do you play like Player Vs Player and give orders to one army and then switch to the other? or how do you suggest to play as a solo gamer?
difficult to do, considering the AI has somewhat been made less aggressive as you pointed out.
second point , there are no objectives/flags to conquer.
(best to be played human vs human)
Solo games
30 km maps so as to have some room to maneuver (most are keen to play on 15 km maps 250,000 man each side)
I can't say 30 km is best though because essentially the only real strategy is to destroy the opposite army in this version
of Histwar. (and most likely this will never change)
It would be good to have an objectives style dimension to the game other then the LOC
I am not sure if it would add more depth to the solo game playing/capture the flag maybe on the victory point system
could it get too one-sided for a player who decides that the flags are more important than the destruction of the opponent's army.
In this version of Histwar there is no order to retreat off the map to save the army from destruction
as you know max 30 km square for a campaign map, no grand strategy map with flag objectives to win/defend against.
any road is just a road  so no morale coefficient against a player with an exposed /threatened flank and no flashing message
to either player that you now are enjoying an advantage against the opposing army and he'd better redraw his defense line
or his morale would just keep dropping as to create a complete rout off the map, for that unit/division/corps.

try this:
Sellerhousen Paunsdorf scenario division/corps size engagement (available in the depot)
Order all allied lines advance to attack (red) 1 km from the french LOC  with divisions support and flank attacks
 Play French on defense   (allies get 25% to 50% more manpower but try to limit the artillery to 100 x side : knock off the oob excess allied artillery)
I do not issue any more orders to the allies. I do my best to defend against the allied attack.
play 1 minute real time (you can always save and finish another day) .

Best Regards
zu Pferd

« Modifié: 09 septembre 2012, 18:16:38 pm par zu Pferd »
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : How to play historically in single a Scenario?
« Réponse #5 le: 10 septembre 2012, 09:44:02 am »
I would like to know how do you play most of these scenario solo? because i noticed that the AI is not so agressive.

Just take a look at this interview...

http://www.wargamer.fr/ia-t-il-un-wargamer-dans-mon-pc-le-cas-dhistwar/

JMM

Hors ligne Marschal Ney

• Sergent
« Réponse #6 le: 10 septembre 2012, 11:51:21 am »
Dear Jean-Michel and Zu Pferd,i want to thank you for your reply,at first i want to thank Zu Pferd for postin his very logic and valid idea,to play a solo game tying to compromise a bit with the AI,actually after reading your tips i decided to start th scenario that you mentioned before.
i gave to the Allied a basic operational command,and then switched back to the French army,i have to say that the game at the moment is challenging (i didn`t finished yet) and the French are giving me a good hard time,especially i guess it`s thanks to the regimental AI.
i think everyone who wants to play a solo game scenario should read the good advice that Zu Pferd wrote here,certainly,is not like playing versus a human opponent,but so far,it`s much more enjoyable than a silly total war tactical game.
then i want to thank again Jean-Michel for posting the interview about HistWar  II,it seems that you are caring about the grand tactical AI for your future game very much,and this is a very good news indeed,i noticed that the Regimental AI is formidable in facing the human opponent,would be nice to see the Grand AI doing the same,well in this case i will keep enjoy HistWar`s battles and keep an eye for the upcoming sequel.
thank you again to the both of you for answering at my questions.
regards.

« Modifié: 10 septembre 2012, 19:26:05 pm par Marschal Ney »