Auteur Sujet: HW2: Army Editor?  (Lu 7023 fois)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
HW2: Army Editor?
« le: 09 septembre 2012, 23:12:17 pm »
Sorry for writing in English only.

For HW2 I'd like to have the possibility to build and edit armies. I.e. the format of the army/unit info should be either open (e.g., text, MS Access, or whatever),  or HW2 should bring an army editor.
Why an army editor? Besides giving the possibility for players com complete the armies' definitions or change them according to facts found during their research, it would allow to model some armies and conflicts of limited interest during the Napoleonic period, as well as some armies/conflicts during the period 18015-1830.
Of course, an official database should still be offered.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne von_Clausewitz

• HistWar Team - Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Capitaine
Re : HW2: Army Editor?
« Réponse #1 le: 10 septembre 2012, 03:30:12 am »
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean, but an order of battle editor is available. Do you mean you want to edit the database?
that is being done by nodders. You can mod the database.

VC
La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : HW2: Army Editor?
« Réponse #2 le: 10 septembre 2012, 13:03:20 pm »
What I propose goes beyond that. Imagine that I want to model the army of the Ottoman empire? Or the Portuguese and spanish colonial armies during 1807-1815? Or to model the French army that invaded Spain during the 1820s... Or the US Army of the War of 1812... Or the armies of the Portuguese civil war of 1833-1834 (tactics and armament employed there were still napoleonic)...
This editor would allow you to build those armies with the respective regimental data, as well as to associate the respective graphics files.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean, but an order of battle editor is available. Do you mean you want to edit the database?
that is being done by nodders. You can mod the database.

VC

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : HW2: Army Editor?
« Réponse #3 le: 10 septembre 2012, 14:13:26 pm »
I agree totally, even though it can be difficult for the Ottomans.....but the wars of 1812 and the Libertador armies of south America have great gaming potential, specially as irregulars fighting regulars troops and uneven battles....
Maybe some generic "undress" or mixed civilians will be needed but that'ld not be too difficult  ;)
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul