Auteur Sujet: Phiosophy of artillery usage: some points for JMM  (Lu 5904 fois)

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Phiosophy of artillery usage: some points for JMM
« le: 03 janvier 2012, 00:59:04 am »
Hello/Bonjour JMM   :smile:

After the waves brought about by how powerful artillery is (especially  le bel filles   :p )
I read a few paragraphs of  T de Moria Tratado de Artillerie (1816) found in  Imperial Bayonets  by G Nazfiger)

-movement by prolong or movement by hand when in range of enemy unit/s

In the game this is not possible,  further many artillery sections are destroyed because they must limber to move.
Is it possible to design in the game a hand/prolong movement? the limbers bring the guns to a position
so that the limbers and teams don't become themselves a target, and the gunners with prolong or hand position
the gun/battery
 with max distance rule applicable
 with an order to prolong
 and a suitable animation

-make it harder to achieve hits with counter-battery fire
(a waste ofammo by all accounts...Wellington, and many of the Napoleonic generals of all nations forbade direct counter-battery fire)
indirect hits ?
-  can we capture guns instead of destroying them  for victory points adding to the arsenal of either side in a 2+ day battles....

the second point I suppose is:

ammunition wagons  can they be introduced with a proper ratio at the corps and division level...

an actual unit with defensive factor only, a movement value, a supply radius (I can hear you laugh :D )
so that:
 each army may start  with 100% or a slider gauge so that more realism can be introduced
 ex: army A arrives with all its ammo army B arrives with 65% army B might run out of ammo sooner, so its behavior and tactics would have to be adjusted.

-ammo wagons can be captured and recaptured as needed, or blown up by
artillery fire negating an advantage.      ;)

a devotee   :lol:
« Modifié: 03 janvier 2012, 01:01:58 am par zu Pferd »
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza