Auteur Sujet: Question to Nix.  (Lu 39824 fois)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #15 le: 05 octobre 2011, 16:27:51 pm »
I found some information -

Church of the Nativity or Smolensk — that was all that remained of the Manor of Borodino. The temple was built of brick in 1698-1701 years deposits votčinnikov Savel′evyh in the Moscow Baroque style and is of type "Octagon House at square". Along with a small dining room and a two-tier belfry of the Church is at high podklet. Along the southern and the Northern facade of the temple once went open wooden galleries, restored only one – South. The temple is closely associated with the war of 1812, orations, and indeed located a few kilometres from the Kolockij monastery.
At Borodino cool in winter and summer, here you can spend the whole day: sightseeing, visiting monasteries and Museum. Here on the boundless field of Russian glory, produvaemom on all sides by the winds, so good, so feel the Russian soul ...

Along the southern and the Northern facade of the temple once went open wooden galleries, restored only one – South

So, looks like this gallerys was destroyed at 1812, but why they was removed at 2002??? :?
First restorations was in 1818 year, but we don't have photos at this period. :(
« Modifié: 05 octobre 2011, 16:51:41 pm par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #16 le: 05 octobre 2011, 17:07:15 pm »
Another site -

Brick building built in the style of a slender Moscow Baroque "Octagon House at square" and put on a high podklet, which was arranged in warm ("winter") Sergievskii ' Chapel. To the main četveriku is a small tavern, ending with the West staircase characteristic of temples of the 17th century. Above the upper removable underseat stowage bag stairs is a small (below the heads of the main volume) Bell Tower in one tier. Originally along the southern and Northern facade were wooden open galleries-gul′biŝa; their existence shows laid down now the doors on the facades. The decoration of the temple is quite discreet and elegant outlines further building attached to the airiness and lightness. The finish both floors of the temple – rich carved; Brink uzorčatymi polukolonkami and vos′merika are decorated with a frieze. Light drum under the chapter of the basic volume is rather narrow, oriented vertically aligning them properly, which makes the temple dedication skyward. The apse are not simple vanes, and decorative balusters.

Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #17 le: 06 octobre 2011, 10:52:53 am »
Thanks for sharing the pics and information- fascinating especially the dammaged pic, i havent seen that one before.

I found a picture from 1912 of the interior, the only one I have seen (attached below).

It seems the Lordz Model was an accurate one (see attachment). It is in the .cas format and I am not sure if I can open it in Truespace and convert it into a .x format model. (That would save me a lot of work making a new model if i could!) I will experiment and see what I can do!

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #18 le: 06 octobre 2011, 11:08:22 am »
On the point about the appearence of Borodino village at the time of the battle: I have found two artists (Albrect Adam and Faber du Faur) who were eywitness to the battle. Both were in the Grande Armee and both left interesting pictures drawn just before or just after the action.

Adam's pictures are taken from the French positions looking east and clearly show the destinctive character of the church and a rather shambolic collection of houses.(see pic 1,2,3 below)

Fabre's depiction looking west from the heights on the Gorki road shows clusters of houses decorated with interesting 'horse head' gable decoration, a type of house he also encountered on the road to Moskow and which he illustrated in more detail. (I notice the Lordz mod also included this feature on their houses). (pic 4)

Both artists also recorded the bridge over the Kolotscha 

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #19 le: 06 octobre 2011, 11:11:49 am »
The remaining pics by Fabre and Adam of the town and the bridge over the Kolotscha

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #20 le: 06 octobre 2011, 11:57:51 am »
A bit more research: i found the official website for the Borodino church (in russian) which has pictures of the interior as it is now and a number of the images which have already appeared on this thread. In addition it has a historically interesting image from about 1812 (attached)

http://www.artvuz.ru/Borodino/Borodino_main.htm
« Modifié: 06 octobre 2011, 12:02:20 pm par nix »

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
    • Les Monuments de l'Empire
« Réponse #21 le: 06 octobre 2011, 17:41:05 pm »
These 1912 pictures a just superb !  :shock:

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #22 le: 06 octobre 2011, 22:20:22 pm »
You finde many information Nix, good work! I can't wait when i see Church and izba houses in Histwar!!!!! ;)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #23 le: 06 octobre 2011, 22:34:41 pm »

Fabre's depiction looking west from the heights on the Gorki road shows clusters of houses decorated with interesting 'horse head' gable decoration, a type of house he also encountered on the road to Moskow and which he illustrated in more detail. (I notice the Lordz mod also included this feature on their houses). (pic 4)

It is easy to understand, in Russian language roof apex translated like konek =small horse.
« Modifié: 06 octobre 2011, 22:37:05 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #24 le: 07 octobre 2011, 15:59:12 pm »
Interesting information!

I have been able to construct a plan and elevation of the church from the photo info i have collected. Having done this  I have decided to make a new model. It seems the lordz model, nice as it is, has a few deviations from the building proportions and converting it into a Histwar useable model may be difficult anyway. So now I 'll have a go and see what i can do in the modelling program....( I may be gone some time :lol:)
« Modifié: 07 octobre 2011, 16:05:20 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #25 le: 07 octobre 2011, 18:34:42 pm »
Interesting information!

I have been able to construct a plan and elevation of the church from the photo info i have collected. Having done this  I have decided to make a new model. It seems the lordz model, nice as it is, has a few deviations from the building proportions and converting it into a Histwar useable model may be difficult anyway. So now I 'll have a go and see what i can do in the modelling program....( I may be gone some time :lol:)

I be waiting when you comback!!! :p

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #26 le: 08 octobre 2011, 11:31:32 am »
Just a teaser...while trying to fix the proportions of the Church and izba houses for Borodino village I photoshopped the attached montage depicting Borodino Village on the day of battle...(combines Faber and my elevation data). I thought it might amuse...

(we are looking south)
« Modifié: 08 octobre 2011, 11:42:41 am par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #27 le: 09 octobre 2011, 18:00:14 pm »
Just a teaser...while trying to fix the proportions of the Church and izba houses for Borodino village I photoshopped the attached montage depicting Borodino Village on the day of battle...(combines Faber and my elevation data). I thought it might amuse...

(we are looking south)

Good proportions.

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #28 le: 10 octobre 2011, 16:16:37 pm »
As to the model, there is good news and bad news!

The goodnews  :D is i have made the church (see attached pic) and it exports as an .x format file which reads ok in DirectXviewer.

The bad news  :evil: is the Hist war map editor doesnt like it. It seems the Histwar program is very sensitive to some aspect of the modelling process. I had a similar problem in the late stages of modelling Hougoumont- as the model became more detailed the likelyhood of the Histwar prog rejecting it increased. The only solution is to systematically go through the stages of building the model to see which bit causes the problem. This can be done by exporting partially finished models to the histwar program to see if they work (Tedious but i will do it...) .

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #29 le: 10 octobre 2011, 17:55:25 pm »
As to the model, there is good news and bad news!

The goodnews  :D is i have made the church (see attached pic) and it exports as an .x format file which reads ok in DirectXviewer.

The bad news  :evil: is the Hist war map editor doesnt like it. It seems the Histwar program is very sensitive to some aspect of the modelling process. I had a similar problem in the late stages of modelling Hougoumont- as the model became more detailed the likelyhood of the Histwar prog rejecting it increased. The only solution is to systematically go through the stages of building the model to see which bit causes the problem. This can be done by exporting partially finished models to the histwar program to see if they work (Tedious but i will do it...) .

It's fantastic!!! :shock:

I faith all be fine in map editor!!!