Auteur Sujet: Patch 03a (RC1)  (Lu 19940 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Patch 03a (RC1)
« le: 08 mars 2011, 14:47:22 pm »
New GUI

Patch to apply to HistWar Version 02f / 02g (RC1)

http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=137

Launch LGdN2
In game, G allows to choose the old/new GUI

Enjoy
JMM

PS : This version is an open Beta Test version
RC: Release Candidate (version with potential to be a final product...)
« Modifié: 08 mars 2011, 18:15:51 pm par JMM »

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
    • Les Monuments de l'Empire
Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #1 le: 08 mars 2011, 15:40:20 pm »
Aie. Problème chez moi. Cela bloque sur l'image des chasseurs de la Garde. Impossible d'aller plus loin.

Je crois bien que j'avais 02G

Send spyboard to support
"error dimension table text voir  InitApp : -3"

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #2 le: 08 mars 2011, 16:13:22 pm »
Attention...

Il faut lancer le programme LGdN2 (et il est possible que LGdN ne fonctionne plus, et là c'est un vrai bug dû à la nouvelle version)
Mais théoriquement LGdN2 est capable de fonctionner à 100% avec l'ancienne interface  :!:

JMM

PS : pas reçu le spyboard, mais le message "error dimension table text voir  InitApp : -3" est assez explicite!
Avec le message,  je pourrai confrmer que c'est bien LGdN.exe (et non LGdN2) qui a été lancé
« Modifié: 08 mars 2011, 16:20:12 pm par JMM »

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #3 le: 08 mars 2011, 16:13:29 pm »
Au temps pour moi !!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

J'avais lancé à partir de LGDN.exe et non LGDN2.exe.

Ca marche.

Je laisse, car je crois que je ne serai pas le seul à faire l'erreur.

My fault !

I used LGDN.exe and not LGDN2.exe.

I leave this message, because I'll probably not be the only one to make this mistake.

Correct your shortcuts.

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #4 le: 08 mars 2011, 16:17:03 pm »
Nos messages se sont croisés à 6 secondes près !
Voici le fichier spyboard.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #5 le: 08 mars 2011, 16:22:09 pm »
Je vais cependant regarder si je ne peux pas régénérer une version 02g (RC1) sans le problème de dépassement de la dimension d'un tableau...

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #6 le: 08 mars 2011, 23:22:12 pm »
Great job, JMM, the new GUI is superb. How enormous the ammount of work that you probably had with it !!  :D

Just a minor suggestion, so far: would it be possible to make more visually obvious if the "help" button is ON/OFF ? (at first I had doubts if it did anything, although, of course, if it is ON, we get the informative text when hovering over the other buttons).

Thank you again !

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 08 mars 2011, 23:32:45 pm »
After managing to read the whole post  :roll: I started the game and everything was ok.
Is there somewhere a changelog and a description of the new gui. Right now the old one seems to be better for, because you have to make more mouse moves to initiate an order instead of leftclicking on the unit.
Maybe I miss something, so can someone point me the changelog somewhere?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #8 le: 08 mars 2011, 23:40:27 pm »
After managing to read the whole post  :roll: I started the game and everything was ok.
Is there somewhere a changelog and a description of the new gui.

I have to read a short user guide for this new GUI

Right now the old one seems to be better for, because you have to make more mouse moves to initiate an order instead of leftclicking on the unit.

hummmmmmmm... no more..
In the old GUI, after clicking on an entity, a contextual menu is opened.
In this new one, after clicking on an entity, you can see a contextual set of icons.
That said, you play with the old GUI : just hit 'G' to switch on the other GUI.

JMM

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #9 le: 08 mars 2011, 23:43:52 pm »
Great job, JMM, the new GUI is superb. How enormous the ammount of work that you probably had with it !!  :D

Just a minor suggestion, so far: would it be possible to make more visually obvious if the "help" button is ON/OFF ? (at first I had doubts if it did anything, although, of course, if it is ON, we get the informative text when hovering over the other buttons).

Thank you again !

OK for the suggestion.
BTW, I am uploading a new package 03a (RC2).. just a little modification about the texts...
I made a mistake in the package so the help about the mode of hierarchy isn't right!

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #10 le: 08 mars 2011, 23:44:20 pm »
A couple more questions:

- Exactly what is the "IA activity button" for (see pic) ?; and I fail to see in the GUI a clear indication if it is ON, OFF or what ?

- I can not seem to be able to get the standard initial pre battle F8 view, with the delimitation of the allowed deployment area... is there a way of getting it in the new GUI ?

I also second oho's point, to order a unit I think it would be better to have simultaneously both options: the buttons of the new GUI and the "old" clicking method.

Regards

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #11 le: 08 mars 2011, 23:58:07 pm »
A couple more questions:

- Exactly what is the "IA activity button" for (see pic) ?; and I fail to see in the GUI a clear indication if it is ON, OFF or what ?

ON : like your pic / OFF : button colored red! Possible there is a bug  with ART unit? It seems this was right for INF/CAV
This feature was in the previous version.. (hat in the right panel)

- I can not seem to be able to get the standard initial pre battle F8 view, with the delimitation of the allowed deployment area... is there a way of getting it in the new GUI ?

Possible.. Maybe I forgot to display the grey layer

I also second oho's point, to order a unit I think it would be better to have simultaneously both options: the buttons of the new GUI and the "old" clicking method.

No sure I understand. What is the difference?
click left on entity -> display the contectual menu with all items -> click on the item
click left on entity -> display the set of icons -> click on the icon
2 clicks for the 2 systems.. but I think there is something I don't understand :oops:

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #12 le: 09 mars 2011, 00:10:27 am »
ON : like your pic / OFF : button colored red! Possible there is a bug  with ART unit? It seems this was right for INF/CAV
This feature was in the previous version.. (hat in the right panel)
Ha, I get it now. There is no ART bug. The problem is that when we click on this button, the GUI "jumps up" immediately to the main set of buttons, and I was not seeing the red button. Nevertheless maybe some indication on the unit card on the right about the status of the AI would be useful (like in the old version, maybe ?)

No sure I understand. What is the difference?
click left on entity -> display the contectual menu with all items -> click on the item
click left on entity -> display the set of icons -> click on the icon
2 clicks for the 2 systems.. but I think there is something I don't understand :oops:

JMM

To me, it is just a matter of convenience. The number of clicks is the same, but in the old interface the contextual menu appears right beside the unit, we just have to make minimal mouse movements to get the job done, it just seems easier than having to go to the button bar to give an order to the unit...
I hope I am being clear. It is possible also that this is just a matter of time until I get used to the new GUI.

Regards

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #13 le: 09 mars 2011, 00:16:20 am »
I found it a little hard to get used to, but after over a year with the old system a new one seems harder, I'm sure after a few games it will become as automatic as before.  Nice job.

BTW, I am uploading a new package 03a (RC2).. just a little modification about the texts...
I made a mistake in the package so the help about the mode of hierarchy isn't right!

JMM
Has this been done yet ?.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #14 le: 09 mars 2011, 00:31:01 am »
Great job on the dispatches !  :D.   And the minimap with all the units is also GREAT !

I really believe this new GUI is far superior to the old one, specially because of the integration of 2D/3D !

(PS: a minor "bug": if the "help" is on, when we leave a battle and go to the main menu sceen, when we mouseover "Exit" and "Tutorials", the menu disappears, and the only text is an explanation of said items, on the right hand of the screen (see pic). Other menu items have apparently no help text and this problem does not happen)

Regards