Auteur Sujet: Belgium Campaign 1815  (Lu 121287 fois)

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : Belgium Campaign 1815
« Réponse #45 le: 13 février 2011, 11:54:40 am »
If we see true historical map (thilio post #34) and scale of 1000 mt .Seems right.
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Re : Re : Belgium Campaign 1815
« Réponse #46 le: 13 février 2011, 11:56:09 am »
We have to think battle 200 years ago,satellite is now and can be much different.

My book says that shots at a distance of 1000 meters,and says that  not good precision sometimes only moral effect.

But for 12 pounds ,what is good distance for LG?

Im place battary on that black line and i think its not bad positions, i think elevations from "Waterloo Napoleon last battle' game just different from original satellite.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Belgium Campaign 1815
« Réponse #47 le: 13 février 2011, 11:58:48 am »
If we see true historical map (thilio post #34) and scale of 1000 mt .Seems right.

Yes seems right, thanks to all for help.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #48 le: 13 février 2011, 11:59:57 am »
When i play at the game "Waterloo Napoleons last battle" i remembre long hill on Napoleons left flang where i put grand battary and where de Erlons corps form in colums to attack, but where this hill on this map????????????

Yes, i agree.
In the game WNLB it is easy to find a hill for the great battery at the level of D'Erlon's line of battle.
Maybe we can find a response in other books on the battle

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #49 le: 13 février 2011, 12:02:15 pm »
For me is put how red line (more or less)
« Modifié: 13 février 2011, 12:04:22 pm par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #50 le: 13 février 2011, 12:04:01 pm »
Yes, i agree.
In the game WNLB it is easy to find a hill for the great battery at the level of D'Erlon's line of battle.
Maybe we can find a response in other books on the battle

I think your right black line is that hill, look at my picture at prevorius post.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #51 le: 13 février 2011, 12:05:32 pm »
For me is put how red line (more or less)
I think thilio black line most correctly

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #52 le: 13 février 2011, 12:12:57 pm »
In one of my book:
battery was in front of the road between Belle-Alliance and La Marache, at 800 m of the British left wing.

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #53 le: 13 février 2011, 12:15:05 pm »
Yes , now i saw a pic on my book , and is put on the right on Haye Sainte.
Then is right black line of thilio ,perhaps a bit on the left.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #54 le: 13 février 2011, 12:27:37 pm »
Yes , now i saw a pic on my book , and is put on the right on Haye Sainte.
Then is right black line of thilio ,perhaps a bit on the left.

Thilio black line is right position, agree.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #55 le: 13 février 2011, 13:17:52 pm »
Artillery deployment in my view

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #56 le: 13 février 2011, 15:01:57 pm »
Very interesting and documented discussion on the topic (but in French)  8)

http://www.larousse.fr/encyclopedie/article/Waterloo__la_grande_batterie/11021709

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #57 le: 13 février 2011, 15:38:20 pm »
The new hypothesis after reading this article...

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #58 le: 13 février 2011, 17:06:44 pm »
The new hypothesis after reading this article...

Looks fine but on satellite map no hill in this area look at contour lines on your map your battary in low place, contour line 120 its a hill to the south at your line , my variant with some change in Hugomount:
« Modifié: 13 février 2011, 17:19:33 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
« Réponse #59 le: 13 février 2011, 18:19:03 pm »
Just finished a solo Quatre Bras battle as Ney against the Allied AI using version 02f.  I'm impressed at the greatly improved gameplay from prior versions. I played in Grognard mode to make it more challenging. My orders went where they were supposed to go, the dispatches and reco reports came in as they should, and my CinC moved around the battle field where I told him to go (unlike before, when the Cinc would sometimes just lock in place for the entire battle). My French corps commanders did an excellent job of deploying. The artillery batteries were aggressive and very effective. And my cavalry waged a fluid cat-and-mouse battle with light infantry around the woods on the west flank. Reinforcements showed up and played useful roles in the battle.  Result was a decisive French victory -- even though at the end I was still outnumbered in total CEH. I think the victory was due to successful maneuver, and a morale collapse, since I inflicted only slightly more losses (13%) than I took (9% I think). The Allied forces along the N mapedge to the East remained passive and did nothing to support their W wing. Lots of fun -- this is a great and highly playable game now!