Auteur Sujet: Interclan TGHQ V NBC  (Lu 12665 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Interclan TGHQ V NBC
« le: 14 novembre 2010, 00:06:08 am »
A historic battle again fought over 3 Continents and 3 Time Zones, US/UK/AUS

A superb battle fought by worthy and gallant opponents. An NBC win but we know that with HLG the rematch can easilly be the other way round. The best layed plans of mice and men oft go astray, as the difference between our plan and reality shows.

Gazfun and Romanov commanded the Allies for TGHQ
Gunner 24 and Aj commanded the French for NBC

300 CEH battle on a random 15k map, 10 hours battle time with Guard/Elite restriction (6 of each).

« Modifié: 14 novembre 2010, 00:35:34 am par ajlewisbrookes »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Interclan TGHQ V NBC
« Réponse #1 le: 14 novembre 2010, 00:11:28 am »
Quick battle report copied from the NBC forum :
The early victories went Russias way, with a massive early lead after several French cav Regts were taken prisoner or left the field, but they did a fine job helping to ID where the main Russian advance was, the line was slightly re-deployed to take account of that information gained. Good work from the recce guys.

AJ Commanded the north and south, me the centre, the arty corps and 3 inf corps advanced further forward than first intended, AJ held back on both flanks, the Russians main move was south and centre, with their main arty in the centre which never got to see much action. The french arty corps halted the Russian advance while AJ made a strong move in the north with my 3rd corps covering his southern flank, after they had pulled back from intense arty fire earlier, the old retreat and advance trick at work !!..........the Russian lost two key batteries in the north which gave AJs two Corps a gap to move though, he then turned south while I advanced straight ahead, many Russian units began to rout in the north, several after being trapped into squares with arty fire on them....AJs northern Cav Corps caused chaos.

In the south the Russians pushed forward and routed several French Regts early on, but the powerfull arty made it hard for them to keep going forward, most of the ammo was used up, the French 2nd Corps were brought up from the reserve by AJ and then passed over to me, they formed up behind the arty corps, which then moved aside to let them though into the badly weaked Russian Infantry, who began to rout, a few French Cav Regts were in the centre to chase down the routers.

The Russian centre was very strong looking in arty but the French managed to keep their distance and did not suffer to badly from them.......in the end they were in danger from north and south.

I forgot to mention, AJs 1st Corps have been sent to the training ground, their preformace was not to the required standard for for such Corps of soliders. They spent too long not doing very much, except for their Cavalry - who were top preformers in the southern sector.....helping to create the Russian rout.

Super battle, well done everyone involved, a re-match will take place swaping sides.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 14 novembre 2010, 00:32:40 am »
Replay Link here:  http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/d3c3bb5842_1.68MB

WRONG ONE, CORECTION ABOVE
« Modifié: 14 novembre 2010, 17:14:38 pm par ajlewisbrookes »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 14 novembre 2010, 00:38:13 am »
Is it possible to get an AAR with this MP game?
I can help you to make a video about this AAR (from the xxx.sav)

That said, I am very happy you are very happy with the game  ;)

JMM

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 14 novembre 2010, 14:56:48 pm »
Is it possible to get an AAR with this MP game?
I can help you to make a video about this AAR (from the xxx.sav)

That said, I am very happy you are very happy with the game 

JMM

We'll work on it JMM, it's probably worth it. This battle was not only historic in it's nature, it also shows the massive improvement in HLG, after all the initial teething troubles you have created a Napoleonic simulation that takes gaming to a new level. :D :D :D

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 14 novembre 2010, 15:37:23 pm »
AJ, we need the correct replay file, you uploaded the wrong one my mistake !.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #6 le: 14 novembre 2010, 17:15:03 pm »

Lancier

• Invité
« Réponse #7 le: 14 novembre 2010, 20:10:09 pm »
very good battle indeed.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #8 le: 15 novembre 2010, 17:38:03 pm »
I hope I get these in the right order :

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #9 le: 15 novembre 2010, 17:39:02 pm »
midday to 3pm.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #10 le: 15 novembre 2010, 17:39:34 pm »
4pm to end

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #11 le: 15 novembre 2010, 20:54:30 pm »
Thanks, very usefull and interesting.

Just two words about the Russian army:
- what you call the main corps didn't really go ahead for the attack as planned and did almost no move for all the battle!
- russian cav is rather weak and/or unemployed

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #12 le: 15 novembre 2010, 23:27:05 pm »
what you call the main corps didn't really go ahead for the attack as planned and did almost no move for all the battle
I don't know for sure, but I assume they halted when the French artillery Corps was found to be blocking their way, it will be interesting to hear from the Russian side, why they stopped, perhaps it was not the "main attack" but they were trying to push a little further north.

russian cav is rather weak and/or unemployed
Generally speaking, we have found the Russian Cav is poor in a 1v1 encounter against the French, to do well the Russians need more Regts, even if weaker ones, to have any serious chance against the French.

You may want to check this report out  
http://napbc.freeforums.org/post15468.html#p15468
for a MP battle that included a large scale Cav battle....the replay will be post soon by AJ.

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #13 le: 16 novembre 2010, 09:22:40 am »
I made the attack in the south, it was initially a diversion. To test the strength of the French Right.

But unfortunatley Russian delay of orders  got in the way a bit.  The grand Battery that was supposed to deploy and start a preparation bombing, didnt come off because The Russian Infantry corps that was there, also prevented a quick deployment of artillery.
As this later turn into a full attack but timing went against me a bit there manouving the Grand Battery Cavalry and Infantry on that flank
That Grand Battery never really was able to deploy to the full, because of the size of it, it was 24x12pdr and 48x8 pdr there where far too many 8 pdr in it that never got the range till some of it was destroyed.  (Prefer it to be all 12pdrs in the battery)

The idea was good but unfortunatley it didnt pay off this time.
« Modifié: 16 novembre 2010, 09:25:13 am par gazfun »
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne Romanov

• Sergent
« Réponse #14 le: 16 novembre 2010, 10:43:32 am »
As Gazfun stated below the Russian South was a diversion to test the French Right, the Russian Centre and North consolidating at that time awaiting the French, the south happened as Gazfun has explained previously, the centre awaited developments ( the Centre here should have been assisting the South sooner)  before committing reserves, the North spent time chasing French scouts, with two batteries giving the French some grief till being outflanked and destroyed, unfortunately the Russian cavalry was slow in proceeding to the North to assist, by time they arrived peacemeal, ( not by choice), the flank was starting to collapse.

Meanwhile the reserve corps from the centre was sent to assist in the South, before the Northern flank situation had worsened, when their assistance was no longer required, they were re-routed to the North, but never reached the area due to their slow response to orders and the French also outflanking us in the North taking our supply routes, facilitating the collapse of the Russian position.

The rest, as they say, is history.

All credit to our opponents who put up a tremendous fight, and had time not run out, allowing the Russian Army to withdraw under cover of darkness, undoubtedly would have completed their victory.

Create your own History! with The Generals HQ!