Auteur Sujet: Tunngle for HWLG Multiplayer gaming network/lobby  (Lu 36050 fois)

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
Re : Re : Tunngle for HWLG Multiplayer gaming network/lobby
« Réponse #15 le: 23 octobre 2010, 09:44:43 am »
No problem with installation, I had it installed but when tyring to log on and use it, I get this message :I have done everything the support/forums suggest and it makes no difference, always I get this message, I have tried 4 or 5 times.

What OS you use?
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it

Lancier

• Invité
Re : Re : Tunngle for HWLG Multiplayer gaming network/lobby
« Réponse #16 le: 23 octobre 2010, 11:59:39 am »
Gents it would be good if one thing was settled for this because so far we have had Teamspeak, Xfire, Steam, and now Tunngle.

It would be good to have something settled at last
last night i realised JMM there. If everyone is inclined we can use tunngle Histwar:LG network  :|

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
Re : Re : Re : Tunngle for HWLG Multiplayer gaming network/lobby
« Réponse #17 le: 23 octobre 2010, 13:32:01 pm »
last night i realised JMM there. If everyone is inclined we can use tunngle Histwar:LG network  :|

On tunngle site there some addon for websites or PC  like that which display if there someone in lobby http://www.tunngle.net/specials/

Is possible this afternoon or evening, me and Berthier will be in tunngle for a multi match grognards level with the new patch; who want join is welcome

PS: they correct the name of lobby
« Modifié: 23 octobre 2010, 13:41:05 pm par mitra »
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Tunngle for HWLG Multiplayer gaming network/lobby
« Réponse #18 le: 23 octobre 2010, 13:49:56 pm »
Mitra.. THX for your request to Tunngle.

I have downloaded the different files talking about the API.
It's not really clear at first glance so I have to work a bit to understand

JMM

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #19 le: 23 octobre 2010, 17:09:19 pm »
Gunner24:  For what it's worth, I had to restart Tunngle several times, each time telling my firewall to allow another option, before I was able to get connected.  Check to see if you're getting the same error message each time, and find out if your firewall is blocking something and not telling you.

Is possible this afternoon or evening, me and Berthier will be in tunngle for a multi match grognards level with the new patch; who want join is welcome

Mitra, everyone here is in a different time zone.  If you want to get together with other people, you'll need to give the time in UMT or GMT or whatever it's called these days.  Thanks.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #20 le: 23 octobre 2010, 20:18:14 pm »
I personally am extremely happy with HLG direct connection and Xfire for chat. There are currently 25 HLG member registered on Xfire. At NBC we enjoy in game chat for friendly rivalry and discussing/logging bugs etc... and use F9 for orders. At NBC we fight a minimum of 3 battles per week and have had no problems.

If JMM comes up with a lobby that we all agree on, that would be great, until then I will stay where I am.

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #21 le: 24 octobre 2010, 01:22:43 am »
The greatest risk I see is the community fragmenting when in reality we want to concentrate ourselves in one place to maximise our chances of finding opponents. From my experience Les Grognards multi-player works very well without external assistance so really what we need is a virtual place to meet preferrably with a voice communications capability. XFire meets this requirement very well IMHO.

In the end I do not care which system we use and I will use the one with the greatest mass of players. I must admit that I do not want to keep chasing the next crowd onto the next social networking place. So far we have tried teamspeak servers, steam, xfire, etc.

Personally my preference is xfire as it has a good range of capabilities and a reasonable number of people on it. If I am to change I want to understand what benefits I get for changing over the system I am presently using.

I am not trying to rubbish anyones hard efforts but I suspect we are risking chasing our tail here with constantly bringing up new meeting software solutions.

What benefit does Tunngle provide me over XFire?
« Modifié: 24 octobre 2010, 01:26:54 am par Cavalier »

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #22 le: 24 octobre 2010, 05:24:29 am »
Im inclined to agree with Cavalier here, the sooner the better that this issue is consolidated the better for everyone including HWLG

There are so many bushfires to fight at the one time, so  I call for that we all work as a team together on this please. The sooner the better.

(Ok I will know go back to drinking some wine) great stuff for the weekend  :lol:
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Lancier

• Invité
« Réponse #23 le: 24 octobre 2010, 16:23:00 pm »
What benefit does Tunngle provide me over XFire?
People are not playing only HWLG. Lots of games going on like we play ntw3, a napoleonic ntw mod at the same time. Tunngle has them all when you login. You can see how many players are in NTW network or Histwar network. By the way, Histwar game is nothing to do with a voice chat, we do not need it, Xfire does not have networks but chat rooms which players create.
Afterall, this is up to Jmm, what he says is important here, what link is included into this forum as HWLG Multiplayer network will be the one everyone uses.
« Modifié: 24 octobre 2010, 16:25:19 pm par Lancier »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #24 le: 24 octobre 2010, 18:07:41 pm »
I experimented with Tunngle a bit.  Here's what I found.

While Tunngle has networks for a lot of games, 230 just for strategy alone, you can only use one at a time.  For example, you can't be logged into HWLG waiting for someone to show up to play while at the same time chatting with an old friend in NTW, or looking for opponents in both games at the same time.

All games use different ports, but the port you set in Tunngle is global, and requires a restart of Tunngle to change it.  This is another thing that locks you into one game at a time.

Tunngle is low featured for a chat client.  For example, while you can change the "skin" to get a different look, you cannot change the font size or style, which may be important if it's too small for you to read. Other than a sound cue, there's no indication that someone has joined or left the chat.  There are no special markers for people currently playing a game and unavailable for chat. 

Tunngle is still in beta, so new features will be added.  But once the beta period is complete, you'll lose any features that are reserved for premium accounts that require a fee to use every month.  This probably won't matter to most people.

All of the above is based on my limited time exploring Tunngle and reading their web site.  If I'm mistaken about anything I wrote, please let me know.  There may be way of getting around some problems, for example if you can define your own skin you might be able to define the font size as well.

Please understand that not everyone is able to use voice chat, or is willing to.  If a lot of people in a lobby are using voice chat, you're locking out lot of people, and I'll bet the percentage is much larger than you think.  One reason for the lower quality graphics in the game is to make it more accessible to more people.  This philosophy needs to extend to lobby services as well.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #25 le: 24 octobre 2010, 20:29:13 pm »
If a lot of people in a lobby are using voice chat, you're locking out lot of people, and I'll bet the percentage is much larger than you think.

A fair point, but someone who wants to join a battle but does not want to use voicechat, can still fight in the battle without using voicechat, I repeat NO ORDERS are given by voice, F9 ONLY. We would never have coordinated our bug finding etc.. without Voice. We have been able to get all players to zero in on a suspicious action instantly, discuss their opinion and nominate a player to do the Screens etc.. and post on Redmine.  In todays MP Campaign battle 2 V 2, there were two occasions where we all zeroed in and discussed a potential problem.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #26 le: 24 octobre 2010, 21:33:22 pm »
Thanks for all the well meaning advice about tunngle, but I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over....I followed the instructions to the letter and get the same message every time about failing to initalize the adapter,
Error 4-109: Could not initialize the Tunngle network adapter!

Reasons:

•The Tunngle client installation has failed.
•The Tunngle network adapter installation has failed.
•The adapter installation was manually aborted (see Windows Logo testing).
•An installed security software has blocked the adapter installation.
•An installed security software has prevented the setup from creating the new registry entries.
•An installed security software has blocked the access to the adapter.
•Your Windows user account doesn't have sufficient administration rights for the adapter installation.

Solution:

Uninstall the Tunngle Client - Restart – Reinstall.

We recommend that you properly allow the installation of the new components in your security software. If this fails try to disable all of your security software during the installation. Don’t forget to enable it back when the installation is done.

We’d like to remind you that the installation requires administrator rights in order to be successful. If your Windows user account doesn't have enough rights, you can always start the Tunngle client setup by right clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator'.

not anything to do with fire wall, or ports or anything else, the adapter.  The only thing I have not done (and won't do) is use the "fix" file for people like me who can not get it working....the advice with that file sounds very risky and I won't be using it.  I re-started my pc as instructed at each stage, I did every single thing it said on the support and forums, and it does not work on my pc.  xfire is excellent, I see no reason to try and use something that won't work when I have something that does work.

Back to general matters, if people really want to play MP they will join in with those that are playing, whatever system is being used.  As for NBC we will use what is easy to use, and what works, at the moment this is xfire/NBC forum/e-mail.  Anyone who wants to join us is very welcome, but we all know it is a fact of life that different groups prefer their own "thing" and that getting one group to use anothers "thing" is very hard work.

If/when HW get a MP lobby that we can all use myself and the rest of NBC will be the first there.
You can bet on it !

« Modifié: 24 octobre 2010, 21:41:42 pm par Gunner24 »

Lancier

• Invité
« Réponse #27 le: 24 octobre 2010, 23:32:51 pm »
I do not say Tunngle is perfect. But i say it is different from Steam and Xfire which are similiar to each other. Why people want a lobby for Multiplayer gaming if it is so easy to meet and play a game for the ones who really want it. Once again i do not say such orogram you use is bad but i try to offer JMM a free or a very low paid network for Histwar:Les Grognards. If you think this is Xfire i have no problem with it. We are not here to compare tunngle with xfire or steam, am trying to find out if it is suitable to be an official LG network which will be with good features for a very low price after the beta soon.(this is mitra finding course i am aware of this network by the help of ntw3 a week ago)

Tunngle Features:
TUNNGLE BASIC (always free!) *

•Own Tunngle-Community [more]
•LAN function for all Network-Games and Programs [more]
•Public Networks with up to 255 slots [more]
•Private Basic Networks [more]
•Personal Tunngle nickname [more]
•Highest possible gaming performance [more]
•Integrated Messenger [more]
•Chat function [more]
•Network Search [more]
•Network Browser [more]
•Network Favorites [more]
•B- and C-Class Emulator [more]
•Tunngle-Shares [more]
•Tunngle-FollowMe [more]
•Tunngle-Websignature [more]
•Dynamic Tunngle IP [more]
•Mini-Firewall [more]
•Autojoin [more]
•File transfer data compression [more]
•Secure key transfer using RSA 2048bit [more]
•Secure 256bit AES encryption [more]
•Full skinable surface [more]
•Tunngle API [more]

TUNNGLE PREMIUM **

•All BASIC features included!

•Private Premium Networks [more]
•Clan-Networks [more]
•Modifiable Tunngle-Nickname [more]
•Traffic-Controller [more]
•Configurable Mini-Firewall [more]
•Tunngle-DNS [more]
•Reconnect [more]
•Unique or dynamic Tunngle-IP [more]
•Tunngle Interlink [more]

After the beta:

* Tunngle Basic - always free
You can decide to upgrade to a Tunngle Premium account at any time.

** During the beta phase you can enjoy most of the functions of the future Tunngle Premium accounts. Please keep in mind that some functions are still under development and will progressively enter the current beta phase as soon as they are implemented. Furthermore the premium features list is going to be updated as new features are added.

Tunngle-Premium
100% transparent. No subscription fees. No hidden costs. No automatic renewal.
Premium lasts 31 running days and costs only 2,99 Euro (incl. VAT)
You can easily pay via Micropayment Call2Pay
(Mobile phone service charges may vary)

TÜV certification with maximum score

After the 31 days will be over your Tunngle Premium account will be converted back to a Tunngle Basic account.

More offers will be presented shortly.

Join and get a free account today!

Beta Info
The usage of all the Tunngle functions is completely free of charge during all the beta phase. After the beta phase, all the Tunngle Beta accounts will be transparently converted into free Tunngle Basic Accounts. Thus, you won't be forced into anything and you will always have a choice. Tunngle.net GmbH reserves the rights to end the beta phase or reduce the number of beta testers at any time.

We'll be very happy to welcome you as real Tunnglers after the beta phase has ended.

www.tunngle.net

« Modifié: 24 octobre 2010, 23:37:23 pm par Lancier »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #28 le: 24 octobre 2010, 23:43:11 pm »
If a lot of people in a lobby are using voice chat, you're locking out lot of people, and I'll bet the percentage is much larger than you think.
A fair point, but someone who wants to join a battle but does not want to use voicechat, can still fight in the battle without using voicechat

You're not locking them out of the GAME, you're locking them out of the CHAT.  If someone can't use voice chat because he's on a low bandwidth connection or because he has hearing problems or simply because he can't understand what people say over the computer, and a lot of people are using voice in the chat, then you've locked that person out. 

I have all three problems, and the first time someone mentioned a meeting place I was pretty happy about it until I read "voice chat".  Sure, voice chat is cool, until they're all speaking a language you can't understand.   Even if it's your native language.

Hook

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #29 le: 24 octobre 2010, 23:52:05 pm »
Well, Gunner, half of those error messages have nothing to do with the adapter.  But if you can't get it working, then you can't.  What is the "fix file" you mentioned?  Got a link?

And in the last few posts you see why we don't have a unified online community for HWLG.  Everyone has his own favorite software and often isn't willing to try someone else's.   I had a chat room set up last Christmas, but few people ever visited.  Some even after repeated invitations.  No, it wasn't a lobby, but it was the closest thing we had at the time.  It was possible to arrange games, and a few of us did.  I was there at least 16 hours a day for months to answer questions and get things started.  I am no longer willing to put that kind of time into it.

Eventually I'm sure we'll have an in-game lobby.  How much development time it will take is uncertain.  We've already lost 3 full months of development time getting set up for it with RakNET, plus additional time for bug fixes caused by the conversion.  I hope it will eventually be worth it.

Hook