Auteur Sujet: Patch 02d (RC6)  (Lu 6698 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Patch 02d (RC6)
« le: 05 octobre 2010, 00:18:28 am »
Hello,

Patch02d RC6
Patch to apply to HistWar Version 02c
http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=81

Prudence : The tests of this new patch are not very numerous...
Fixed : visibility for PBEM mode (resuming a game) + movement / behavior of artillery
Some issues reported on Redmine aren't yet fixed. That said, the improvements seem right.

Enjoy...
JMM

PS : Patch to apply to HistWar Version 02d(RC,RC1,RC2,RC3,RC4,RC5)
RC: Release Candidate (version with potential to be a final product...)
« Modifié: 05 octobre 2010, 00:26:29 am par JMM »

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Patch 02d (RC6)
« Réponse #1 le: 05 octobre 2010, 02:19:37 am »
Thanks a lot, JMM!
I'll send you feedback soon, since I'm now starting a new PBM with G24.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 05 octobre 2010, 14:56:15 pm »
Thank you, "Oh Tireless One"   :p :p

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #3 le: 06 octobre 2010, 00:14:38 am »
Tested 2d rc6 in my usual test battle: Montebello as French.

I must say that things are really improving: specially the units behavior, cavalry charging and counter-charging, much more inter-arms support, improved behavior of arty, etc.

I did notice a new bug:  in 3d view, far away units change to blocky lines (see pic - also reported in redmine).

I have an ATI 5750 card, latest 10.9 drivers and directx (June2010), and I have never noticed this previous to rc6.

Regards

>> EDIT:
Further testing revealed that this graphic glitch seems to disappear exiting and reloading the game, so it is probably a graphic memory issue.
« Modifié: 06 octobre 2010, 00:25:52 am par Franciscus »

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #4 le: 06 octobre 2010, 07:58:37 am »
Thanks for the steady improvment.
I only noticed that 2 arti units, that were supporting another corps (while their own corps didn't have orders) (since I allowed it in my doctrines) which was approaching the enemy, went way too far in front of this corps and were lost. I sent you an email with the savefile of this.

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #5 le: 06 octobre 2010, 12:20:06 pm »
The setup phase in PBM games has a few bugs. When you change the position of a corps, the graphics return to the original position. But if you press the right mouse button to see from above, the corps has indeed moved. And when you click on the CiC with the right mouse button, the corps appears already in the new position. When you give orders to the corps, sometimes it appears in the correct position, other times not. And this also affects the relative corps positions obtained from the dispatches sent by subordinate commanders.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #6 le: 06 octobre 2010, 14:36:24 pm »
The setup phase in PBM games has a few bugs. When you change the position of a corps, the graphics return to the original position. But if you press the right mouse button to see from above, the corps has indeed moved. And when you click on the CiC with the right mouse button, the corps appears already in the new position. When you give orders to the corps, sometimes it appears in the correct position, other times not. And this also affects the relative corps positions obtained from the dispatches sent by subordinate commanders.

MDA, we have found out how to work round this, it seems to be related to FOW. If you move your CinC close to where you want to move your Corp, then drag the Corp in position next to the CinC, the problem dissapears.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 06 octobre 2010, 15:45:46 pm »
If you move your CinC close to where you want to move your Corp, then drag the Corp in position next to the CinC, the problem dissapears
Yes, it seems there are in the right place, but you need the CiC to "see" them.

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Patch 02d (RC6)
« Réponse #8 le: 06 octobre 2010, 16:10:17 pm »
Yes, it seems there are in the right place, but you need the CiC to "see" them.

Yes, I can guess what the problem is. The CinC always remembers the position where the unit was last seen. In case he never saw the unit, this will be the initial position. In the last PBM this also happened during the battle itself. It is somewhat of a problem because the corps commanders are reporting positions and their units appear at different places. In case the CinC has not seen a unit, maybe it is better to show the unit located close to the position from where the corps commander is now reporting (you might keep the initial relative position towards the corps commander, so that units do not appear mixed up), rather than in its initial position... At least you show it where the CinC expects it to be located approximately. Otherwise you are led to think that the unit has deserted to the initial position in the middle of the game.

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Patch 02d (RC6)
« Réponse #9 le: 06 octobre 2010, 16:20:15 pm »
MDA, we have found out how to work round this, it seems to be related to FOW. If you move your CinC close to where you want to move your Corp, then drag the Corp in position next to the CinC, the problem dissapears.
Anyway, it is a definitely a bug when it happens during the setup phase. FOW for friendly units should be disconnected during setup.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #10 le: 06 octobre 2010, 16:35:24 pm »
Anyway, it is a definitely a bug when it happens during the setup phase. FOW for friendly units should be disconnected during setup

Agreed

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #11 le: 06 octobre 2010, 17:27:06 pm »
As this patch mentions artillery may I comment on the Corunna scenario in the Peninsula mod. The British start  very close to the edge of the map and this seems to produce odd results. I ordered two divisions to form defence lines. Each pushed out a unit (1 was artillery, 1 was infantry) a long way in front.  You do not normally see this with defence lines. Each unit was rapidly destroyed as the French advanced, and it was very odd that when the infantry went into flight mode they ran parallel to their lines, rather than directly back. Meanwhile the artillery unit did the usual thing of allowing a cavalry squadron to approach from the side and massacre all the gunners - they could easily have limbered up and rejoined their lines.

I think there is still something that needs fixing with the behaviour of individual units that move away from their rest of their division / corps.
Has anyone seen my leg?