Auteur Sujet: Addon for Peninsular War  (Lu 26333 fois)

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Addon for Peninsular War
« Réponse #30 le: 07 mars 2012, 06:34:23 am »
The strange thing is that in the previous version of the PWM (not integrated=JSGME), i didn't notice this bug (maybe the OOB editor was modified since this time)

Bonjour ou Bonsoir Msr. thilio,

I also have the feeling that Patch 03c-RC2 has somehow modified the OOB Editor because the Spain Army .... in the Baylen1808 scenario .... is now limited to just 1 Line Foot Artillery Battery (Artilleria Espanola 1) and 2 Horse Artillery Batteries (Artilleria a Cavallo 1 - 2).... any more, and no ammunition!! ... this seems to be a new limitation with RC2 .... many test games today appear to confirm this OOB limit .... ;)

That said, the edited Baylen1808 scenario I made for the Depot may be broken (no ammunition for Artilleria Espanola 2 and Artilleria a Cavallo 3) ....  :(

Cordialement, DoE

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
Re : Addon for Peninsular War
« Réponse #31 le: 07 mars 2012, 19:09:04 pm »

I also have the feeling that Patch 03c-RC2 has somehow modified the OOB Editor because the Spain Army .... in the Baylen1808 scenario .... is now limited to just 1 Line Foot Artillery Battery (Artilleria Espanola 1) and 2 Horse Artillery Batteries (Artilleria a Cavallo 1 - 2).... any more, and no ammunition!! ... this seems to be a new limitation with RC2 .... many test games today appear to confirm this OOB limit .... ;)

That said, the edited Baylen1808 scenario I made for the Depot may be broken (no ammunition for Artilleria Espanola 2 and Artilleria a Cavallo 3) ....  :(

Cordialement, DoE

Thanks for this comment.
If you are right, it may be some problems also with other old scenarios and nations (not only PWM...)  :?

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Addon for Peninsular War
« Réponse #32 le: 07 mars 2012, 21:31:42 pm »
Thanks for this comment.
If you are right, it may be some problems also with other old scenarios and nations (not only PWM...)  :?

Hmmmm, could be .... I checked Talavera and all seem ok there .... ;) ... but others, who knows :?:

I have managed to salvage the wreckage of my new "Baylen1808" with a another working scenario (for 03C-RC2) .... now titled "Bailén1808" .... here are the ReadMe notes:

The parameters of the original "Baylen" scenario have been modified so that this scenario will now function, but it is not historically accurate. Just a few changes to make it work semi-properly (one can now play Solo on both sides - no 'frozen' Spain & France Regiments on the West-East road  by the river - as it was before .... instead, there is a new re-location of Regiments as determined by the AI in each side's set-up zones. Changes were done with the Map Editor and the OOB Editor, as follows:

BASIC MODIFICATIONS:
1) Edited Map to logically seperate the 2 LOP's (for each side - now the 'Tactical Generator' can properly position both Armies for a battle)
2) Edited OOB to choose Britain "Lt Gen Blake" for the Spain C-in-C (a BIG DEAL - but, no other choice!!)
3) Edited OOB to reorganize Spain Divisions with new Division and Brigade commanders (no big deal)
4) Edited OOB so that Spain Artilleria (and France Artillerie too) now have 12 lb cannon, 6-9 lb cannon, 4 lb cannon and even Howitzers (and all have ammunition too!!). Both sides should now have 24 total working guns!!
EXTRA MODIFICATIONS:
5) Edited OOB for some small changes to Regiment 'Aggressive' & 'Initiative' settings (both sides - for balance)
6) Edited OOB to upgrade several Regiments to 'Elite' status for Spain - and France too (but, very few - if any - for both sides .... restricted by OOB Editor!!) :x
7) Changed the name of the scenario to "Bailén" (obviously)
Finally,  I slightly changed the 'Reinforcement Time' for certain Regiments (both sides, but no big deal - troops still get there).

Unfortunately, the Uniform Editor (for the garments) is completely broken for this scenario (and others too, to a lesser degree), so the many Uniform Edits (mostly 'turnback' colors for Spain Regiments) that were attempted are no good (no proper display of edited uniform colors in either F3 or F4 views).

INSTALLATION:
Method 1: This scenario is JSGME compatible (i.e. JonesSoft Generic Mod Enabler), just drop in the MODS folder and activate the mod.
Method 2: Or, backup your files, and copy/paste the Army, Map and Scenari folders into the HistWar folder (inside the HistWarGames folder).

That said, Zip file will be sent to JMM at later time for upload to the Depot  .... so far, test games have good results .... :smile:

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 08 mars 2012, 02:41:09 am par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #33 le: 09 mars 2012, 03:12:23 am »
Bonjour ou Bonsoir Mssrs.,

ATTENTION!, if you please .... I now have a working English version of the Maida scenario.... not quite historically accurate, but Britain artillery now has ammunition (a few other 'minor' changes' too) .... :idea: Should anyone be interested, it is available now as a 'freebie' for those who would like to add it to their PWM collection .... :)  .... also sent to JMM for eventual upload to the Depot ;)

C'est un scénario très curieux pour le "Péninsulaire Guerre" Mod parce qu'il est survenu en Italie ... très curieux  :?

Cordialement, DoE

« Modifié: 09 mars 2012, 06:08:17 am par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Réponse #34 le: 09 mars 2012, 08:45:37 am »
Thx.... ;)