Auteur Sujet: Addon for Peninsular War  (Lu 26339 fois)

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
Re : Addon for Peninsular War
« Réponse #15 le: 08 octobre 2011, 18:42:23 pm »
I just want to give a precision about the Peninsular Full Mod.
When installing the PWGM 1.10_install.exe, you can read the names of the PWGM's members : EylauHurricane, Théodoricus, Glaude1955 and Bibouba.
It should be noted that lack the name of our friend Orendel who joined our group at the end of our work to participate in the creation of three battles' scenarios : Maida, Baylen and Vimiero.
It had to be said.

Théo

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : Addon for Peninsular War
« Réponse #16 le: 08 octobre 2011, 18:48:22 pm »
I just want to give a precision about the Peninsular Full Mod.
When installing the PWGM 1.10_install.exe, you can read the names of the PWGM's members : EylauHurricane, Théodoricus, Glaude1955 and Bibouba.
It should be noted that lack the name of our friend Orendel who joined our group at the end of our work to participate in the creation of three battles' scenarios : Maida, Baylen and Vimiero.
It had to be said.

Théo

Sorry for that.. so I have to rebuild a new package with Orendel! Please just wait few time in order to get the new package.
JMM

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #17 le: 08 octobre 2011, 19:04:41 pm »
Sorry for that.. so I have to rebuild a new package with Orendel! Please just wait few time in order to get the new package.
JMM
Thanks JMM.
If it can be done, that's great.

Théo
« Modifié: 09 octobre 2011, 07:29:55 am par Théodoricus »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #18 le: 08 octobre 2011, 19:13:41 pm »
Thank you to ALL the team for the fully integrated Mod :mrgreen: :mrgreen: As an extra benefit, along with the Waterloo Mod, it allows me to build British OOB.s

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #19 le: 12 octobre 2011, 06:27:19 am »
The full integration makes it more sense to add the Mod with the installation program, of the Histwar Instal.
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #20 le: 30 octobre 2011, 21:58:24 pm »
Thanks for the Mod,
I just have some minor questions, due you ever put out update corrections,  example the Portuguese horse Artillery 3D units are showing up Saxon (they should be assigned the number 292 not 232 in the Units.txt file ). Also the British horse Artillery have been assigned 2 different numbers, the correct number for all horse units is 281 for British.
Lastly will you ever assign the correct ( historical ) Turnback colors for the Modded Units. Example British Units had white turnbacks for line units and buff for some light units. Seeing them with blue, yellow, black, brown etc.  just hurts my eyes.

Thanks

Everybody is doing the best  they can mate

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #21 le: 31 octobre 2011, 08:34:19 am »
Turnback colors for the Modded Units. Example British Units had white turnbacks for line units and buff for some light units. Seeing them with blue, yellow, black, brown etc.  just hurts my eyes.

In the integrated mod, all colors of each british regiments have been respected. I ve done a lot of research about that. and all say the same thing about the colours It s a legend that all the facing are white for british infantry.

As an example:
http://www.napoleonguide.com/infantry_ukcol1.htm
http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/British_infantry_the_redcoats.htm#_uniforms
« Modifié: 31 octobre 2011, 08:44:36 am par bibouba »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #22 le: 31 octobre 2011, 14:28:41 pm »
Lastly will you ever assign the correct ( historical ) Turnback colors for the Modded Units. Example British Units had white turnbacks for line units and buff for some light units. Seeing them with blue, yellow, black, brown etc.  just hurts my eyes.

Gee are questions on this forum considered criticism, thanks for the heads up.

Zee, sorry if you felt offended, there was no offense meant.  The Modding team are volunteers and although the Mod is integrated it is not an official "Add On", the guys in the team (I am not a member) have worked very hard to get it right and of course there may be the odd error which needs pointing out.
The issue regarding British Turnbacks was not a "Question" it was a "Statement" and as you can see from the links provided by Bibouba, it was an inaccurate statement. So yes, inaccurate statements are subject to criticism.
A heads up for the future, if you preface this type of Post with "Are you sure...." or "My research shows....",  you will get a far more positive response and providing your research links as Bib did, will help in any healthy debate :D
« Modifié: 31 octobre 2011, 14:32:24 pm par AJ »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #23 le: 06 novembre 2011, 00:01:51 am »
Zee, you obviously have done your homework, good on you mate.  I don't usually get that involved in uniforms etc..(I was just giving moral support to our hard working Mod team), I am too busy fighting the actual battles in MP and rarely go to 3D to critique uniforms, the actual fighting and winning is my HLG motivation.  If uniforms are your thing, then go for it and start posting your own Mods in the Depot :smile:

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #24 le: 07 novembre 2011, 00:41:56 am »

i post allready some links to show you how was the facing of the troops and I ve been respected it as Hitwar can permit it.

But if you want improve it we are all very happy to have a new mod for the histwar game. More it's accurate better it is.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Addon for Peninsular War - Good Baylen Scenario Now Available
« Réponse #25 le: 05 mars 2012, 01:43:59 am »
Bonjour ou Bonsoir Mssrs.,

ATTENTION!, if you please .... I now have a working English version of the BAYLEN scenario .... should anyone be interested, it is available as a 'freebie' for those who would like to add it to their PWM collection .... :) 

Just a few changes to make it work semi-properly (one can now play Solo on both sides - no 'frozen' Spain & French Regiments on the West-East road - as it was before .... but, new re-location of Regiments now determined by AI in respective set-up zones) .... ;)

HOW TO DO IT:
1) Edited Map to logically seperate the 2 LOP's (for each side)
2) Edited OOB to choose Britain Lt Gen Blake for the Spain C-in-C (no other choice!)
3) Edited OOB to reorganize Spain Divisions with new Brigade commanders (no big deal)
4) Edited OOB so all Spain artillery batteries now have 6-9 lb guns (and ammunition too!)
EXTRA:
5) Edited OOB to attach 3-5 lb guns to certain French Regiments and small change to composition of French Artillery Cnie's (for some balance)
6) Edited OOB for some small changes to Aggressive & Initiative (both sides - for balance)
7) Edited OOB to upgrade several Regiments to Elite status for Spain and France too (but, very, very few - if any - for both sides .... restricted by OOB Editor!)

Tested it on weekend, and chose Spain side .... result: very good fight! (even saw that 3 cannons were 'destroyed' on the Performance Page, by Spain's Regimiento Irlandes!!! - I can only assume these 3 cannons were 'spiked' - so, new edit for interne2 text file forthcoming) .... :o

Unfortunately, the Uniform Editor (for the garments) is completely broken for this scenario, so the precise Uniform Edits (mostly 'turnback' colors) are no good for both sides (no proper display of edited uniform colors in F3 or F4 view) .... :(

Alas, it seems that the Uniform Editor has always been 'slightly' broken for all other scenarios (and OOB's) as well (i.e. certain Cavalry, Infantry and ALL Artillery uniform models) .... :(

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 06 mars 2012, 01:42:02 am par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #26 le: 05 mars 2012, 21:43:01 pm »
Thanks DoE!

Where can your scenario be downloaded ?
Did you planed to correct the Maida's artillery bug?

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #27 le: 06 mars 2012, 01:04:35 am »
Thanks DoE!

Where can your scenario be downloaded ?
Did you planed to correct the Maida's artillery bug?

Bonjour ou Bonsoir Msr. thilio,

I have not yet uploaded scenario files to Depot .... :oops:

Perhaps I can send them (i.e. JSGME zip folder) as email attachment? :?

One can also do basic correction to Baylen scenario from the 1) - 4) steps in the post (with Map Editor and OOB Editor) .... ;)

About Maida scenario .... Yes .... I think I have corrected the Britain Artillery 'no ammunition bug' with OOB Editor .... I will check it again to be sure .... ;)

Positive .... Simple correction with OOB Editor .... Britain Artillery CAN ONLY have 6-9 lb guns and no other caliber (well, maybe howitzers - obusiers - too :oops: - but not positive yet) .... else, no ammunition!! .... :o .... so, Britain Horse Artillery usually has only 2 or 3 of the 6-9 lb guns (very heavy for tired horses to pull) .... ;)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 06 mars 2012, 06:34:34 am par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #28 le: 06 mars 2012, 20:31:13 pm »
" Thanks for the answer
Email is possible if not bigger than 8-10 Mb

About Maida scenario .... Yes .... I think I have corrected the Britain Artillery 'no ammunition bug' with OOB Editor .... I will check it again to be sure .... ;)

Positive .... Simple correction with OOB Editor .... Britain Artillery CAN ONLY have 6-9 lb guns and no other caliber (including Howitzers! - Positive ;)) .... else, no ammunition!! .... :o .... so, Britain (and Spain) Horse Artillery usually has only 2 or 3 of the 6-9 lb guns (very heavy for tired horses to pull) .... ;)

Cordialement, DoE

The strange thing is that in the previous version of the PWM (not integrated=JSGME), i didn't notice this bug (maybe the OOB editor was modified since this time)"

Zip file for New Baylen1808 scenario is approx 1.8 MB .... so I can email it to you .... I have sent same package to JMM for the Depot .... the BIG DEAL was choosing Lt Gen Blake (Britain) as Spain C-in-C  ;).... that allows Spain Regiments to function and allows Spain Artillery to have cannons with ammunition (but only 6-9 lb caliber, no howitzers) ....

That said, I have the feeling that Patch 03c-RC2 (i.e. tactical generator) is causing some strange behaviours :? .... especially when AI commands the Spain side .... so, I suggest one chooses Spain Army for a solo game in this new scenario until these behaviours are clarified some more .... :)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 06 mars 2012, 22:03:09 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #29 le: 06 mars 2012, 22:19:34 pm »
Thanks for the answer
Email is possible if not bigger than 8-10 Mb
The strange thing is that in the previous version of the PWM (not integrated=JSGME), i didn't notice this bug (maybe the OOB editor was modified since this time)

Zip file for New Baylen1808 scenario is approx 1.8 Mb .... so I can email it to you .... I have sent same package to JMM for the Depot .... the BIG DEAL was choosing Lt Gen Blake (Britain) as Spain C-in-C  ;).... that allows Spain Regiments to function and allows Spain Artillery to have cannons with ammunition (but only 6-9 lb caliber, NO Howitzers) ....

That said, I have the feeling that Patch 03c-RC2 (i.e. tactical generator) is causing some strange behaviours :? .... especially when AI commands the Spain side .... so, I suggest one chooses Spain Army for a solo game in this new scenario until these behaviours are clarified some more .... :)

Cordialement, DoE