Auteur Sujet: MB's Improvment Suggestions  (Lu 3546 fois)

Hors ligne Marshal Beale

• Adjudant
  • Head Developer of Napoleon Order of War
    • Napoleon Order of War - TWC Forum
MB's Improvment Suggestions
« le: 18 septembre 2010, 14:00:57 pm »
Ok, I would like to propose some suggestions to improve gameplay;

-Improve the minimap, instead of just having the flag which represents the corp, have all the regiments maped put on the minimap as little markers
-Sounds, they need a big improvment. Like when a regiment starts moving, Marching and drumming should be heard more easily. Sounds should be distance effected, so they get quieter the further you move away, unlike the sudden volume changes at the moment. Charges should have yelling as they come close to the enemy. Musket and cannon sounds change to that of the sound mod created here.
-Animation needs updating, many things, I can't name off the top of my head, but the movement of animations needs updating, when testing, pay attention to what needs be changed. Like when a unit routs, it shouldn't be sudden, should be a slow fall back, into a complete rout, not just a quick jerk into running away.
-Interface could be improved, but i believe that is already being discused

Any other suggestions are welcome.
I am the greatest force since Napoleon himself
-Head Developer of the Napoleon Order of War-
A mod for NTW

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : MB's Improvment Suggestions
« Réponse #1 le: 18 septembre 2010, 23:04:42 pm »
-Improve the minimap, instead of just having the flag which represents the corp, have all the regiments maped put on the minimap as little markers

This one has been discussed at some length by many people.  The minimap should more properly be called a "jump map" as it's not intended to give you an overall picture of the entire battlefield, but to help you keep yourself oriented on the map, and in F3 mode to allow you to move your viewpoint in the 3D world quickly to any other place on the map. 

Other games in the past have used jump maps and no one requested that the jump map be made into a complete map, so I'm guessing there's another game people are playing these days that uses this as a minimap rather than a jump map and people are trying to get HWLG to be more like that game.

Personally, I like being able to locate all my corps commanders quickly with a glance at the jump map.  This could still be done if regiments were displayed as small dots on the minimap while the commanders were the currently used flags.  If I want to see the whole map, I use F2.

-Sounds, they need a big improvment. Like when a regiment starts moving, Marching and drumming should be heard more easily. Sounds should be distance effected, so they get quieter the further you move away, unlike the sudden volume changes at the moment. Charges should have yelling as they come close to the enemy. Musket and cannon sounds change to that of the sound mod created here.

Some of these are already in the game, but there is room for improvement.  JMM knows about this and wants to work on it.

-Animation needs updating, many things, I can't name off the top of my head, but the movement of animations needs updating, when testing, pay attention to what needs be changed. Like when a unit routs, it shouldn't be sudden, should be a slow fall back, into a complete rout, not just a quick jerk into running away.

Given the way the game works, with the actual game state being updated once per minute and the 3D view then catching up with the game state, the rout problem would require considerable redesign.

Hook

Hors ligne Marshal Beale

• Adjudant
  • Head Developer of Napoleon Order of War
    • Napoleon Order of War - TWC Forum
Re : MB's Improvment Suggestions
« Réponse #2 le: 19 septembre 2010, 07:20:29 am »
Also, would it be possible to give the French Eagles on top of their flagpoles. This was a big let down with me in NTW and I would like to see, yes this tiny issue being added!

Cheers, MB
I am the greatest force since Napoleon himself
-Head Developer of the Napoleon Order of War-
A mod for NTW