Auteur Sujet: Are there any plans to add more features to the maps ?  (Lu 2883 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Are there any plans to add more features to the maps ?
« le: 17 septembre 2010, 18:01:02 pm »
Will future versions of HWLG offer EITHER more map features, or the ability to place more of the exsisting features on the map ?.

For example : If you want to make a deep forest covering a large part of the map it is currently not possible, at least not for me, as I get a message about objects either being to close together or no more possible.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Are there any plans to add more features to the maps ?
« Réponse #1 le: 17 septembre 2010, 22:10:54 pm »
I guess you know the only real difference between light woods and heavy woods is that heavy woods is impassible.  Terrain that is impassable causes problems for the AI if there is too much of it.  There may be ways around the problem, but it's going to be a lot of work.

My advice is to make the large area of light woods, scattering spots of light woods in the area you want to have woods, and possibly make some heavy woods in the center if you want the area impassable.   It's not a great solution, but may work.

I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to make light woods of any size, with a large wooded area shown on the 2D map while the 3D engine figured out how to scatter patches of light woods in this area to give it the proper visual effect without actually exceeding the maximum number of light woods areas. 

Hook

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #2 le: 17 septembre 2010, 22:54:08 pm »
It would be also interesting to have more map diversities like desert, Russian steppes etc.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 18 septembre 2010, 00:13:44 am »
My advice is to make the large area of light woods, scattering spots of light woods in the area you want to have woods, and possibly make some heavy woods in the center if you want the area impassable
This is what I've been doing so far, but there appears to be a limit even to the amount of light woods that can be added.

It would be also interesting to have more map diversities like desert, Russian steppes etc.
That would be good, I'd like to see that some time in the future.