Auteur Sujet: knowing about the ennemy army despite FoW  (Lu 4172 fois)

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
knowing about the ennemy army despite FoW
« le: 12 septembre 2010, 00:24:37 am »
Despite the FoW option (visibility conditional, info vague), you can select an ennemy unit and look at the interface (army hierarchy) in F3 or F4 to see all the ennemy organization, the number of corps and the number of unit in each of them, the state (color) of these corps and how many units are prisoners, diminished, etc....
What do you think about masking these informations in a way to have FoW in all part of the game?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : knowing about the ennemy army despite FoW
« Réponse #1 le: 12 septembre 2010, 15:00:00 pm »
you can select an ennemy unit and look at the interface (army hierarchy) in F3 or F4 to see all the ennemy organization, the number of corps and the number of unit in each of them, the state (color) of these corps and how many units are prisoners, diminished, etc....

Hmmm, can you really see the enemy OOB ?. 

I've been playing MP most days for a long time now and have not seen this, I must be too busy with things to have noticed this is even possible, although I'm not really sure what you mean -  the view on the 3d battlefield maybe ?.  You can restrict it to the CiC if you want to do that.

There is so much to do I'd not worry one little bit if the "enemy" knows my full OOB or not, if they know every detail about every unit you still have to be in the right place at the right time !.

En ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 12 septembre 2010, 15:51:18 pm »
Are you talking about the F7 and the Interface in 3D View.

"Precise/no Precise" option allows to hide the informations... but you are right, the organisation is always displayed.
Yes... it is possible to hide this information in a future version.

JMM

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 12 septembre 2010, 19:18:32 pm »
I'm talking about the following thing:
After the first ennemy unit become visible, you can go on it with the cursor and see the information zone (TAB key) at the bottom of the screen in all view except F2.
You can access a lot of information about the ennemy that should be hidden. We can assume that you could have some superficial knowledge about the corps you are encoutering but not so much about how many forces still in reserve.
Yes JMM, if the other players have the same opinion  ;)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 12 septembre 2010, 20:50:37 pm »
Ha, all this time spent playing HWLG and I never knew you could do this.....

Playing as Russia, find a French Regt on the 3d display and you get all the French Corps shown as in the picture !.

Still, even with this, you don't know where they are, or what they are going to do, but it does seem like a little fault that needs correcting.

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 12 septembre 2010, 21:29:03 pm »
Still, even with this, you don't know where they are, or what they are going to do

Yes, of course  ;)
This does not preclude a challenging game!
An interesting possibility would be to have displayed in the information zone only the enemy units/corps already detected (those visible in the 2d map). If this is possible to a technical point of view....