Auteur Sujet: Histwar evolution  (Lu 2573 fois)

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
Histwar evolution
« le: 10 août 2010, 08:08:57 am »
Various tests on the occasion of the release of our mod Peninsular War reveal weaknesses of AI GT.
Here are my observations during the last test scenario (coming soon) Salamanca (The Arapiles)
 No major concerns with the script.
I tested
A -> playing the 2 camps
B ---> playing the French
C ---> playing the British (one player has rightly pointed out the confusion with the English)

Conclusions of the tests:
A ---> Nothing to report except that an LOP has suddenly changed color and then returned to the original color without explanation.
For me the only possible way to play solo current scenario seriously. Choose two sides, giving orders to 2 and then choose sides, leaving the AI to obey orders original GT and above it allows the opposing army to respect the original positions.
B ---> What a shame that the AI does not respect its GT sites. The British are very poorly placed and well away from Arapiles.
C )---> The head of the French divisions are refocused. Instead of being the top as is the story, they occupy the left wing and even a small portion of the left wing.

B and C do not recognize the historical situation. The screenplay loses its charm.
For our scenarios can be played solo normally would:

1) that AI GT keeps the original positions that the creator of the scenario set.
2) an option for AI GT is proposed. It could give the AI a different attitude by GT scenarios style meeting in advance, delay, attack, defense. When creating a scenario, it already knows the attitudes of the various combatants. This could avoid trapping in these weaknesses AI program. The victory will have more flavor if it wins on a tactical level.
I think the parties SOLO for with other modes, the question does not arise.
The big problem is because AI AI is stupid if we did not tell her what she should do.
In HistWar, it is because the GT AI AI subordinate units is very correct in my opinion.
Rest of the big decisions and there, I think he needs help. Do not attack when you are in a defensive position is essential.
 We could have two camps for the following situations:
 Assault / Defense
Meeting / Meeting
Advance / Delay
Delay / Advance
Defense / Attack
It is very important if we want to recreate historical battles (or fictitious of course), Wellington would have said (the king of cons-slope positions) if his men were leaving the table for exposing himself to enemy !

If JMM implements these functions in the game, no worries, we will not be forced to play the two camps at the beginning, we can choose a side from the beginning and we will not have access to adverse information, and finally the fog of war have meaning.

Marco, Theo and I have repeatedly made requests to JMM. He has met several (even many - thanks) but it will still remain.
Thank you kindly JMM study these proposals.
To return to the historical scenarios, some will not be easy to negotiate. To understand them, you must have a knowledge of the past and events that have taken place. The French at Salamanca were caught on the move if I remember correctly.
The French advance axis is directed due west (of the screen). The columns headed occur because of the attack lonely. How to play the French must be imbued with this tactical error and surprises created by the adversary.

Now if a majority of players prefer the battlefields where the uniform positioning of armies is simply an arbitrary face to face, with a provision of armies within the shaded areas, we can not do anything for that majority. Our scenarios are not intended for him.

We did not get much feedback on our mod. The downloads go up but ... Ah, the ingratitude of the player!

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Histwar evolution
« Réponse #1 le: 10 août 2010, 08:53:24 am »
Bonjour glaude1955,

Excellant feedback from a sincere and thoughtful perspective.... let's hope for the best .... maybe, one day ....

My feedback - the Spanish Mod is going in the right direction ... an absolute delight ....  :D

Cordialement, DoE(1954)
« Modifié: 10 août 2010, 09:06:35 am par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Histwar evolution
« Réponse #2 le: 10 août 2010, 15:46:43 pm »
We did not get much feedback on our mod. The downloads go up but ... Ah, the ingratitude of the player!

Glaude, mon ami.  I have only great admiration and gratitude for your teams hard work. We are men and our wives are always telling us we are ungrateful and take everything for granted ;) ;)

Please carry on with your work, as in all things with HLG, it is an evolution :idea: :idea:

I am a dedicated MP/PBEM fighter and will soon be fighting your great scenarios with friends, indeed I would welcome fighting one with you.

To "Team Peninsula",  I say "Upward and Onward" :lol: :lol: :lol: