Auteur Sujet: Historical Battles  (Lu 5886 fois)

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
Historical Battles
« le: 28 juillet 2010, 00:18:20 am »
Hello Guys,

2 things i would like to have.

1. Historical possitions at the start of historical battles.

and

2. More historical differences of the battalions/regiments/corps.

Greatings

LND

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
Re : Historical Battles
« Réponse #1 le: 28 juillet 2010, 19:05:43 pm »
D'accord pour le 1)
C'est très important !

OK for the 1)
It's very important !

Yves

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #2 le: 28 juillet 2010, 19:15:12 pm »
I am working on it  :mrgreen:

I don't know how long it will take, as I want it really to be historically correct....so I'll have to check with maps and OOBs and stuff....

CvC
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #3 le: 29 juillet 2010, 19:51:42 pm »
I am working on it  :mrgreen:

I don't know how long it will take, as I want it really to be historically correct....so I'll have to check with maps and OOBs and stuff....

CvC

Could you tell me what are you working on, which maps and OoBs, please ?
I'm interested on historical battles and starting positions. That's what I  try to respect, particularly when I've created  my 3 scenarios (on the official archives depot).

Théo

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Historical Battles
« Réponse #4 le: 30 juillet 2010, 01:23:42 am »
Could you tell me what are you working on, which maps and OoBs, please ?
I'm interested on historical battles and starting positions. That's what I  try to respect, particularly when I've created  my 3 scenarios (on the official archives depot).

Théo

I was working on an authentic Austerlitz battle a long time ago....so I guess I will start with that one again (it's Napoleon's masterpiece after all....)
after that I am open to suggestion of you and of course all forum guys as to which battle they would like to see historically first :D

what are my main intentions:

1)correct OOB within the current game limits

2)correct starting position and starting time of battle (it will be a new scenario, probably named something like: Austerlitzhist, so that other players will have the option to play as they please)
which will lead to two files: one with the current version of the battle - suitable for any playstyle, and one with the historical deployment and the historical orders

3)an option for "play both sides" where each side is already given the proper commands and orders...so that one may replay the actual battle - the AI (meaning the other side in this case) will already have the historical orders for each corps with the proper times of execution...and you can choose either side of course!

any help, like reviewing the maps and OOBs are of course most welcome! - just PM me and we could work something out!

CvC

PS: let me see if I can find some screenshots

« Modifié: 30 juillet 2010, 01:27:37 am par Count von Csollich »

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #5 le: 30 juillet 2010, 01:25:50 am »
found some screenshots of my initial plan.... - I already altered the starting time and the deployment there....some battles like Borodino will need more elaborate preparations - like remaking the deployment AREA as to make it possible to deploy the Russians in the grand redoubt or the fleches.....but it can be done....

what do you think of these screenshots? - of course it's not entirely correct yet...as it was only a suggestion back then...but this is mainly what I have in mind! - as an alternative for someone who would like to replay the actual battle!

CvC

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #6 le: 30 juillet 2010, 17:41:41 pm »
found some screenshots of my initial plan.... - I already altered the starting time and the deployment there....some battles like Borodino will need more elaborate preparations - like remaking the deployment AREA as to make it possible to deploy the Russians in the grand redoubt or the fleches.....but it can be done....

what do you think of these screenshots? - of course it's not entirely correct yet...as it was only a suggestion back then...but this is mainly what I have in mind! - as an alternative for someone who would like to replay the actual battle!

CvC

Thanks for your reply and illustrations. It's a great work to be done.
As a scenario creator and a member of the Peninsula War Mod Group , I know how long it is to build scenario with an historical objective.

Best regards.
 :D
Théo