Auteur Sujet: Cavalry Scouting Missions  (Lu 16179 fois)

Hors ligne Uhlanen

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Cavalry Scouting Missions
« Réponse #15 le: 05 juillet 2010, 22:14:49 pm »
I think that scouting must have a price and it's part of the game fun. Taking the decision to outnumber the enemy scouting units at he beginning of a battle can be a good strategic plan to hide movements, but the risk is to loose too much cavalry without any result if the enemy front corps are mixed corps or even cavalry corps. On the other  hand, not engaging your cavalry units at all at the beginning of the battle could also be a good strategy if one choose a defensive plan... but then you are blind... So for me the aggressive behavior of the scouting units in Histwar is OK. But I agree that, in the present state of the game, if you send ahead a cav unit, it will be almost always captured. I tried different settings but I could not find wether it is better to send ahead cav units with low aggressivity and initiative (they might run away before being engaged), or the opposite: very aggresives units that will not surrender easilly. Does anyone tried those different options ?

Personally I don't care if my recon lads run...just as long as they drop me a note about what there running from as they sprint bye. I don't care if they kill a single enemy trooper. I am after information at that stage not scalps. So for me its low initiative and aggressiveness.

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
Re : Cavalry Scouting Missions
« Réponse #16 le: 03 juin 2011, 12:46:39 pm »
Maybe add a new command to the corps commanders which sacrifice at least one cav regiment or squadron to scout ahead and report which means risking that squadron to disappear but will send you info staigthaway