Auteur Sujet: The defend on line position.  (Lu 22619 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : The defend on line position.
« Réponse #45 le: 02 juin 2010, 23:42:37 pm »
Me too. I think it was defend on line and how nothing goes as planned, i think we've done it to death though :?

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #46 le: 02 juin 2010, 23:46:17 pm »
couldn't agree more!

if only it was easier with some other topics...

CvC
« Modifié: 03 juin 2010, 02:04:29 am par Count von Csollich »
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #47 le: 03 juin 2010, 02:15:56 am »
I did a multiplayer test this evening and intentionally sent corps far forward to defensive lines.  I had no problems whatsoever.  A couple of times they had to do a bit of fighting, but I trusted my corps commanders and after they'd pushed the enemy back a bit, they formed defensive lines properly.

You'd have to be drawing your defensive line within 200 meters of the enemy (or at least where he'll be by the time you get there) to have any kind of a problem with this.

It would be possible to mess this up if you sent your forces against a much larger force and your guys never got to form their lines.  You'd almost have to do it on purpose though.

There are places on some maps where the corps commander will defend farther forward than you want him to.   Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to figure out what kind of terrain causes this behavior and avoid forming defensive lines too close to the enemy if it's in that kind of terrain.  Good luck.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #48 le: 03 juin 2010, 02:59:27 am »
There are places on some maps where the corps commander will defend farther forward than you want him to.   Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to figure out what kind of terrain causes this behavior and avoid forming defensive lines too close to the enemy if it's in that kind of terrain.  Good luck.

Mission accepted, I'm getting bored waiting for the pbem fix. I'll start to figure it out tomorrow and post my findings here  8)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #49 le: 03 juin 2010, 03:13:41 am »
Try north of the marsh in the south part of the Montebello map for the allies.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #50 le: 03 juin 2010, 14:41:56 pm »
Thanks for the hint

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : The defend on line position.
« Réponse #51 le: 03 juin 2010, 16:40:27 pm »
Well, at least HW-LG gives an advantage to the player in comparison with reality: when your subordinate commander changes the defensive line location, you know it immediately and you can cancel and repeat the order. In reality you would only know about the line change by observing his troops through the telescope - and only if you were note concentrating elsewhere and there was LOS to the unit's position from your command post.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #52 le: 03 juin 2010, 16:45:24 pm »
That's a fair point