Auteur Sujet: Scenario default orders editor  (Lu 2031 fois)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Scenario default orders editor
« le: 09 mai 2010, 13:32:08 pm »
Dear all,

I'm not sure if this was already suggested...

As you all know, in scenarios where one wishes to play the defensive side against the AI, the only way to force the AI to attack is to start playing as both sides, give the orders to the AI side and switch back to the side one wants to play.
In order to avoid this uncomfortable procedure, HW-LG should allow the scenario designer to edit default orders for each side. This would require a simple "default order editor" that would upload and display the already made scenario map and OOBs. This editor would produce a file associated with the scenario, which would be placed in a certain directory, e.g. "Default Orders".
The main engine would then load all the files. The AI side (if any, since we should still be able to play "Both Sides" as it is now, and to be able to define the adversary's orders just as it is now - in order to test different possibilities) should then employ the default orders defined for the scenario, while the non-AI side(s) should be given the possibility to use the default orders or not.

In my opinion this is easier to implement - since it makes use of the current game structure and file formats (?) - than a suggestion that I've seen somewhere that would give the ability to set "attacker/defender" attributes to a given side. The latter solution requires the AI to calculate corresponding orders, while in my suggestion it is the human scenario designer that defines those orders.

Note that although this may seem an unimportant issue at first sight, one should bear in mind that most players will find it bizarre to start the game as playing both sides. Besides, it gives the sensation that the game will always be biased from the start, since it is the player who gives the orders to the adversary AI.

Regards,
António