Auteur Sujet: Attaching commanders to units  (Lu 3291 fois)

amrcg

• Invité
Attaching commanders to units
« le: 16 avril 2010, 15:57:05 pm »
This posting is more a question to the experts rather than a real feature proposal. In fact I don't think this feature is very important and would prefer to see other things improved.

In several battles, corps or even army commanders have directly taken the lead of a unit in a decisive attack. Take as an example Ney leading the cavalry charges at Waterloo, almost being killed (if I'm not in error his horse was shot).

So, do you think that these instances justify the introduction of a mechanism whereby a senior commander can be directly attached to a unit, therefore increasing its morale. The trade-off would be of course that while attached in this way the general would have his command ability heavily hampered, and he would have a greater risk of being killed/wounded or captured.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Attaching commanders to units
« Réponse #1 le: 16 avril 2010, 16:19:39 pm »
I've already seen Corps commanders do that in HLG.  In fact the Corps commanders in HLG seem to be pretty busy guys, they remind me of a Sheepdog rounding up the Flock.

amrcg

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: 16 avril 2010, 16:58:05 pm »
Then, maybe the mechanism is in place.

amrcg

• Invité
« Réponse #3 le: 16 avril 2010, 20:07:56 pm »
By the way, does someone know what happens to the chain of command when a commander is killed? I've never seen anything like that happening in LG.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 01 mai 2010, 18:10:24 pm »
Firstly for a commander to be killed, it has to be selected in the options before a game is launched. I believe the Manual says that  he will be replaced but his skills etc.. will be lower