Auteur Sujet: Allow customizable deployment zones  (Lu 3114 fois)

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
Allow customizable deployment zones
« le: 28 mars 2010, 06:50:42 am »
I agree that HW:LG is the game of a lifetime.
But there's one thing that's making the game impossible for me right now:
The fixed deployment zones on the maps are too rigid.
Why can't we let a mapmaker decide where the armies should be able to deploy, and draw the zones himself?
Or, if the game must lock in specific deployment zones automatically, PLEASE make them much, much larger than they are now.
I made a campaign map to fight an April 1809 battle, but when I tried to place the units in their starting positions, the deployment zones turned out to be far too narrow. So it's impossible to use Histwar as a tactical engine for campaigns, as the game stands now.
This is very frustrating and disappointing, and I don't understand why this aspect is so restrictive.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Allow customizable deployment zones
« Réponse #1 le: 28 mars 2010, 12:40:37 pm »
I agree that HW:LG is the game of a lifetime.
But there's one thing that's making the game impossible for me right now:
The fixed deployment zones on the maps are too rigid.
Why can't we let a mapmaker decide where the armies should be able to deploy, and draw the zones himself?
Or, if the game must lock in specific deployment zones automatically, PLEASE make them much, much larger than they are now.
I made a campaign map to fight an April 1809 battle, but when I tried to place the units in their starting positions, the deployment zones turned out to be far too narrow. So it's impossible to use Histwar as a tactical engine for campaigns, as the game stands now.
This is very frustrating and disappointing, and I don't understand why this aspect is so restrictive.

The problem is about the  GT AI... it works with some geometrical rules. I am afraid if all is possible, the GT AI can't work fine.
That said.. your question is only for campaign mode, or for battle one too?
For the campaign mode, it's possible to loosen the constraints.

JMM

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Allow customizable deployment zones
« Réponse #2 le: 28 mars 2010, 18:46:34 pm »
The problem is about the  GT AI... it works with some geometrical rules. I am afraid if all is possible, the GT AI can't work fine.
That said.. your question is only for campaign mode, or for battle one too?
For the campaign mode, it's possible to loosen the constraints.

JMM

Thank you for your response, JMM, and please understand that my suggestion is with the utmost respect for your creation and your human limits as you strive to improve it....
Yes, my question applies particularly to a campaign map. Because a campaign map area is so large, the bands of allowable deployment area become especially restrictive -- an enormous "no man's land" is left in the most important central area of the map. If there's any chance of loosening these constraints for campaign-sized maps, please do so. Merci beaucoup!