Auteur Sujet: Multiplay collapsing  (Lu 3105 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Multiplay collapsing
« le: 20 mars 2010, 13:33:38 pm »
Hi there,

I'm not sure where multiplayer is at, currently.  Would appreciate a comment from anyone in the loop. :)

I ask because I have yet had luck setting up a LAN game with laptops on my table.  So is it me or something more than me?

Currently I'm trying to use a switch I bought to link two laptops.  I can get a game started but it collapses at the end of minute #1 for the non-host computer.  When I rejoin the game it goes to PAUSE from which I can't unpause.

When I multiplayed a few weeks back using the router here, we got to about minute 9 of Haslach before it collapsed.  As my router is unstable currently, I was unsure it was LG or it (and suspected it).  So I bought a switch (a D-Link DES-1005D) but aren't having much luck.

Hmmm.
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Multiplay collapsing
« Réponse #1 le: 20 mars 2010, 13:43:20 pm »
Harry, I believe JMM's on it and the drop out will be fixed in the next Patch.  Also Mitra and Gunner 24, are looking at a free hosting service called Trundle, Mitra says it's better than Hamachi.  There is a whole topic on it but I can't remember where, try the search box for "Trundle".  Can't wait for MP, pbem is such a chore.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 20 mars 2010, 17:21:43 pm »
Sorry a lot for the problems with the MP game. (a bit atonished in LAN because I made a lot of tests for this type of MP)
I fixed two errors in the software but no sure it will be right at 100% for the patch 01b.
I have to say we spend a lot of time to finish the filling cards and to prepare the shipment.
After that, I can work at 100% on the game.  ;)
MP issues will be fixed on the next patch 01c.

Take a look at the cards... http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4553.0.html

JMM

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #3 le: 21 mars 2010, 11:46:24 am »
Thank you for the clear reply.  I look forward to the MP feature working 100%.  The PBEM is fabulous.  Patch 1A a great leap forward toward the game's promise. :)
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"