Auteur Sujet: Tweaks For Future Version of Histwar  (Lu 2501 fois)

Hors ligne Yankee1950

• Adjudant
Tweaks For Future Version of Histwar
« le: 17 mars 2010, 20:52:48 pm »
I would like to see HistWar provide the following:

#1. Be able to control the initial deployment of the solo AI troops.  This would be helpful when playing one side and wanting to make sure the AI troops are historically deployed for the other.

#2. More map creation objects such as fences, stone walls and cemeteries etc.  This adds to the flavor of the map and were used in some historical battles.  Also more ground textures.

#3. Since there appears to be a limit on each map object that can be deployed (per map),it would be great to have object counters on the map design screen that would let you know "how many" of a given map object you can still use before reaching your limit.  This will help in overall map design.

#4. More visible "unit to unit" combat.  Now that I have a better feel for HistWar, I have been watching the actual "unit to ubit" interaction between  friend and foe.  There seems to be alot of times when units that are attacking "stop short" of the enemy positions - look confused and suddenly retreat without any actual confrONTATION.  tHIS MAY BE FOR A REASON - BUT PLEASE EXPLAIN.

#5. Add "point values" to certain predefined objectives such as village capture, bridge capture, road junction capture etc. This would more accurately reflect historical battle plans.  

More requests added 3/23/10:

#6. Definitely need to assign "attacker" or "defender" roles to side "A" and "B" respectively.  This will help the scenario designer and allow the player to experience a more "Historical" play.  Right now many times the "AI" side will simply "dig in" and wait for an attack from the human player.  But in some historical scenarios   you may want the "AI" side to be the aggressor.  Can this be set now?  Please advise.

Thanks for a GREAT GAME.

Yankee1950 :lol:
« Modifié: 23 mars 2010, 20:49:22 pm par Yankee1950 »

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Tweaks For Future Version of Histwar
« Réponse #1 le: 17 mars 2010, 23:49:49 pm »
Agree with a lot of Yankee1950's comments.
On point 2, there should be more individual buildings such as barns, churches and chapels, cottages (some could be ruined)- even an inn or two  to help make La Belle Alliance more realistic. Some of this is cosmetic but strong stone or brick buildings had a defensive value and would have been used whenever possible.
I don't know how much fences and stone walls were used in continental Europe at the time, but hedges were a very important part of the English landscape (and certainly in the bocage country of Normandy).
Obviously JMM has designed the program to be manageable and has put limits in, so all these requests may be futile but I am sure that the modern generation of graphics cards can cope with a lot more detail than we currently see.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Tweaks For Future Version of Histwar
« Réponse #2 le: 18 mars 2010, 00:23:30 am »
A fruitfull discussion once again. I myself would like full Divisional Command and something done about artillery support.