Auteur Sujet: Some things I would like to see  (Lu 3067 fois)

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Some things I would like to see
« le: 17 mars 2010, 05:55:43 am »
I would like to see :

1  introduce small rivers, which yes are an obstacle but one which is present in many Napoleonic battles:
    il 'Fontanone' at Marengo  could be crossed in places but too deep in others...
 :p
2. crossings for above small rivers, ditches could remain a secret known only to the defending player
     and a puzzle to the attacker... and Rivers that can be drawn across the map  :!:

3. Unit Icons in 2d map ...great in 6 10 and 15 km maps  but too big for a 30 km map in my opinion
     they take up too much room in the Campaign Map they should appear 1/2 the current size

4. AI   I would like to see  when playing 'Solo' an AI which can be set to either be in 'Attack' or 'Defense'  depending on how
the Human player wants to play out a battle against the Computer.
Some scenarios in miniature war-gaming and indeed some historical battles were fought with one side
deciding to be in 'Defense' and the other 'Attacking'  (see Waterloo)

leave it up to the Regimental AI to act around an obstacle  ie: the higher the ability of the unit and its Colonel
the stronger the defense around the perimeter, or quit it if no competence in defense.

5. I've seen howitzers set buildings on fire with a 'Fire on Zone' command... :p :p :!: :!: good one :!:
I would like to see thicker smoke rendered from  guns and muskets...more then its currently is seen.

6. rendering with animation a clash between infantry units: with muskets used as clubs ect  
a little more action then we currently have.

7. Trees :  Tall and wider (pine stands) and also European Poplars ...the ones you see on either sides of roads anywhere in
Italy, France,Spain,Austria, Russia  ect   and along river banks...

LDGN IS  :smile: :smile: GREAT FUN :!:
« Modifié: 17 mars 2010, 05:59:40 am par zu Pferd »
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re : Some things I would like to see
« Réponse #1 le: 17 mars 2010, 12:28:44 pm »
Variable weather would be good too.  Need those 1809 danubian thunderstorms!  And by the time the British arrive, we'll have to have Albueran drenching rain....
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 17 mars 2010, 12:48:00 pm »
Zu Pferd, I agree totally with everything you wrote. Especially point 1. Small rivers and streams were a constant problem. They should  cause delays in crossing, especially for artillery (except where there is a bridge or ford) and should provide a real advantage to defenders who are on one bank facing attackers who are trying to cross. I would also like to see a bridge-building option - whether that means that engineer or pioneer units have to be added to the OOB I don't know.

[edited to remove a few typos]
« Modifié: 17 mars 2010, 23:39:12 pm par Uxbridge »
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne spec10

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • HistWar: Les Grognards unofficial File Depot
« Réponse #3 le: 17 mars 2010, 12:57:09 pm »
I agree with 1 - 7, with priority on 4 :)

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #4 le: 17 mars 2010, 13:31:46 pm »
I agree with all what was said. Regarding swamps, I have the impression that they are not consired as a major handicap by the AI. And it seems to me that crossing swamps do not affect enough the moral, the speed and the fitness of the units. One can often see cavalry or even artillery units crossing marshes while they couls easily bypass them. May be something to adjust in the future.

Hors ligne Smokehammer

• Caporal
« Réponse #5 le: 17 mars 2010, 14:10:35 pm »
I think the introduction of small rivers would be a great improvement, at the moment its necessary to use brooks to represent most rievrs, and these look far to thin and don't provide enough of an obsticle. It would be good if a wider and more substantial version of brooks could be added so that rivers could be better represented on maps, especially campaign maps.