Auteur Sujet: Retreat off map order.  (Lu 8909 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Retreat off map order.
« le: 08 mars 2010, 15:11:46 pm »
In a game that "counts" for something it would be very usefull to have some kind of order that could take your troops off the map, withdraw / retreat.

In a case where you are losing badly it would be better to save troops than have them all routed and over ridden by the enemy.  At present there is no way to conduct a retreat OFF the map - or is there ?.

Hors ligne Smokehammer

• Caporal
Re : Retreat off map order.
« Réponse #1 le: 17 mars 2010, 14:11:44 pm »
It would be good if you could give a retreat order to an individual corps during a battle so that it could withdraw out of danger.

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Retreat off map order.
« Réponse #2 le: 17 mars 2010, 14:35:22 pm »
It would be good if you could give a retreat order to an individual corps during a battle so that it could withdraw out of danger.

If you just want to retreat your corps, and try to disengage him from IMMEDIATE danger, then use the "deploy" order and place it somewhere behind, whereever you think the corps is safe...I'd advise you to change the formation to " in checkerboard" - in order to retreat your units in good order...though I should also have to tell you that this  is rarely successful...
I tried it several times - and just as in reality...once a corps is fully engaged it's one of the most diffcult maneuvers to disengage successfully from the enemy...I succeeded maybe 2 out of 10 times...but the order works and does exactly what it should do...

but I think this is not what Gunner suggested: If I understood him correctly he wants to have an order to retreat entirely OFF the map...for the main purpose of saving the rest of his army...

CvC
« Modifié: 17 mars 2010, 15:45:03 pm par Count von Csollich »
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 17 mars 2010, 14:52:10 pm »
If I understood him correctly he wants to have an order to retreat entirely OFF the map...for the main purpose of saving the rest of his army...
Yes, that was the idea, to save men, rather than have them lost.  At the moment the only way to have them leave the map is if your doing so badly they leave without any control.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 01 août 2010, 16:48:44 pm »
In NBC we are starting a "campaign" in which this feature (if it were ever added) would be of great use, for now we have to "fudge" some way around it.

An example : A 120 CEH battle v 155 CEH battle, the defender considers he can hold the map for long enough to do some serious damage to the attacking force, rather than retreat without fighting, but knows there is little chance of winning, at some point in time the defender wants to retreat to safety with some of his Army, to fight another day, if the attacker has not stopped him doing this......as things stand now we have no way of doing this, UNLESS the AI "knows" what is happening and makes the Corps retreat to safety ?????.

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 15 avril 2011, 23:17:57 pm »
If you just want to retreat your corps, and try to disengage him from IMMEDIATE danger, then use the "deploy" order and place it somewhere behind, whereever you think the corps is safe...I'd advise you to change the formation to " in checkerboard" - in order to retreat your units in good order...though I should also have to tell you that this  is rarely successful...
I tried it several times - and just as in reality...once a corps is fully engaged it's one of the most diffcult maneuvers to disengage successfully from the enemy...I succeeded maybe 2 out of 10 times...but the order works and does exactly what it should do...

but I think this is not what Gunner suggested: If I understood him correctly he wants to have an order to retreat entirely OFF the map...for the main purpose of saving the rest of his army...

CvC

It would be good if you could give a retreat order to an individual corps during a battle so that it could withdraw out of danger IMMEDIATLY.
Sometimes the corps engage a "retrograde mouvement" by themselves.
What about having this kind of ordrer that could be also cancelled when out of danger?