Auteur Sujet: Could the CEH be displayed on the CiC ?.  (Lu 3957 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Could the CEH be displayed on the CiC ?.
« le: 25 février 2010, 21:57:00 pm »
Would it be easy to do,  and usefull to have this information displayed somewhere on the CiC ?.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Could the CEH be displayed on the CiC ?.
« Réponse #1 le: 03 mars 2010, 13:08:47 pm »
Doesn't this same information show up on the F7 Analysis screen, the first one? 

CEH is generally pretty useless except for determining victory conditions, and you need both sides' CEH to figure that one out. 

Hook

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #2 le: 03 mars 2010, 13:54:45 pm »
Yes, but how do we determine the accurate level of CEH for each side of a battle ?
Is there a calculation ?

Théodoricus

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 03 mars 2010, 13:55:41 pm »
I was thinking in MP [without FOW on] you will be able to double check the other side have not made a mistake with their OOB......you would be able to see all the CEH of the "enemy" Corps on the map - but if it's not worth while fair enough.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 03 mars 2010, 14:40:28 pm »
If you have fog of war on, you won't be able to see this kind of information on the enemy CinC's unit card anyway.  That's what fog of war is for.  If you could see the CEH during the battle, even just the initial CEH, it would be a kind of cheat.  If you simply must see the CEH, play without fog of war.  It's not like it will make that much difference with experienced players.

If someone violates his CEH limits, it will be obvious some time during the game, and you can always check at the end of the battle to see what the initial CEH was on the Analysis/Summary screen.  If you're playing a tournament or other serious game, and someone violates the CEH, the results of the battle are not used (unless the opponent is happy with the results, unlikely as that may be), and he's banned from further tournaments.  Simple solution. 

A small violation probably won't make that much difference.  A large violation will show on the Analysis screen as "Rear Guard" rather than "Battle Mode" and you can end the game if you wish, or play through and use the different victory conditions for a rear guard battle.  For that matter, you can intentionally select fewer forces for your side and get a rear guard action instead of a battle;  no one says you have to max out your CEH.  Also, selecting fewer forces will cause the battle to be a rear guard more easily if your opponent has gone over his CEH limit by a smaller amount.  You might find cavalry recon to be useful if you have any suspicions about your opponent's honesty, or move your commander to the front lines.

Hook

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 03 mars 2010, 14:44:44 pm »
Yes, but how do we determine the accurate level of CEH for each side of a battle ?
Is there a calculation ?

Look at the Analysis/Summary screen.  The Initial CEH of each side is displayed at the end of a battle, and during a battle if fog of war is off.  The computation is much too complicated to do by hand.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #6 le: 03 mars 2010, 17:15:42 pm »
I quote myself :
I was thinking in MP [without FOW on]

I have no issue doubting the OOBs will be correct between myself and anyone I play MP or PBEM with, my thoughts were that in NONE fow games it would be a usefull bit of info to have on the CiC card - along with all the other info there, but no big deal - forget about it.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #7 le: 03 mars 2010, 18:53:15 pm »
Look at the Analysis/Summary screen.  The Initial CEH of each side is displayed at the end of a battle, and during a battle if fog of war is off.  The computation is much too complicated to do by hand.

Hook

All right. I'll look at this.
Thanks for the answer.

Théodoricus