Auteur Sujet: OoB editor - predefined corps  (Lu 11892 fois)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
OoB editor - predefined corps
« le: 23 février 2010, 18:17:19 pm »
Currently, when we go into the order of battle editor we are creating an entire custom OoB.  I'd like the ability to have predefined corps as well, so that in addition to making a totally custom OoB we could select the corps commanders we want and they'd come complete with their entire corps, already defined.  We could then edit this corps as necessary.

Hook

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : OoB editor - predefined corps
« Réponse #1 le: 23 février 2010, 18:54:00 pm »
Actually this sounds like a good idea!
Would be great to say get predefined corps for all sides for the different years to select....i.e. see how Davout's entire 3rd  corps would have faired against Bagrations Advance Guard at Austerlitz...or i.e. let a predefined Ney of the year 1812 fight against against the corps of Schwarzenberg of the 1812 campaign although it never occurred...

This would be great - although I have to mention that this would mean a significant amount of time spent on creating these predefined corps (difficult to get the reference material for that as they might have changed quickly...)

So if anyone would like to start such a work, I am sure that this could be added in the OoB editor.. :mrgreen:

CvC
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 23 février 2010, 19:28:48 pm »
It's a good idea, and a lot of work for someone, but there's a chance it will fit in with someones interest - but could it then fit into the OOB editor - as a pre made list of Corps to select, rather like selecting a pre made map.

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
« Réponse #3 le: 23 février 2010, 19:41:23 pm »
I like this idea too. And participating in the work sounds attractive to me.  :smile:
What we need for this is an 'import feature' in the OoB editor. Corps could be saved as separate OoB files. Then, when making up your army, you could add multiple OoB files and merge them into one - your army.
I must confess that I have no programming knowledge at all - so I've no idea if this was possible.
Orendels OoB depot - Historical OoBs for all Napoleonic battles:
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4062.msg53425.html#msg53425

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 23 février 2010, 19:57:01 pm »
I must confess that I have no programming knowledge at all - so I've no idea if this was possible.

Almost anything is possible, but some things take more work than others.  I doubt this will be a trivial exercise.

For example, when you're making an OoB, you add a corps, then select a corps commander, and it gives you the option to just add the commander and build up his corps one unit at a time, or select from a list of one or more predefined corps.  There would have to be a warning if the corps would add too many CEH and the editor would probably need to do other checks as well.

Hook

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #5 le: 23 février 2010, 20:48:51 pm »
Yes, an import function would be great.
It would be also be good if you could import a spreadsheet format like excel. Then you could "easily" convert found data (from other games, from wargaming sites etc.) into spreadsheets and import those into the game.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #6 le: 26 février 2010, 14:47:55 pm »
Oo... I like both Hook and Ras' ideas.  The Excel one would make a brilliant workaround for campaigning without and histwar system, too.
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne EarlofWarwick

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
« Réponse #7 le: 09 avril 2010, 18:12:18 pm »
D'accord! That would be a great feature.  Equally as nice would be the ability to copy and paste a corps between OOB files.

"Festino lente."

--Caesar Augustus

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #8 le: 01 mai 2010, 17:58:21 pm »
What about a Corps TYPE "selection" choice for a random OOB.....for instance, with a 150 CEH Army you pick how many Inf/Cav/Arty Corps for the random OOB to build, or even how many CEH for each one.  So you could say three Inf Corps of 40 CEH each and a Cav Corps of 30 CEH.

Something for the future perhaps ?.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #9 le: 01 mai 2010, 18:30:50 pm »
I like the sound of that G24.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #10 le: 21 avril 2011, 15:13:38 pm »
I've had a further thought on this.  I would like to be able to copy a Corp from one OOB into a new OOB

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Re : OoB editor - predefined corps
« Réponse #11 le: 25 avril 2011, 09:22:30 am »
I've had a further thought on this.  I would like to be able to copy a Corp from one OOB into a new OOB
Yes this is something that I have talking about for sometime now.
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester