Auteur Sujet: Fixing OOB size to map size.  (Lu 2746 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Fixing OOB size to map size.
« le: 18 février 2010, 23:04:12 pm »
Something which needs to be done in the future, even AFTER the map bugs are fixed, is to match a OOB size with a map size.

There is little point in allowing a 300 CEH size OOB to be used on a 6k map, for example, there is simply not room for all those troops on that map.

From my understanding of Hooks comments, at the moment over crowding the map with "things" like forests can cause problems with deployment - and crash the game....even after this is fixed....I hope by allowing more things to be placed on the map.....there is still the sheer number of troops fitting into small maps.

Common sense on the part of us, the users, should stop this, but if there were some hard and fast system that STOPPED an OOB that was too large for the map that would be a usefull solution.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Fixing OOB size to map size.
« Réponse #1 le: 18 février 2010, 23:12:24 pm »
It's going to be hard to determine how much is too much, though.  Some maps will be ok no matter how many forces you put on them, and others will have a problem no matter how few.  Large corps will generally cause problems. 

I'd rather keep the ability to fight with too many forces myself.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 18 février 2010, 23:18:29 pm »
Yes, I can see that won't be easy.....I guess if the "bug" is fixed and you can stack any amount of troops on a small map without a crash then it won't matter, but, I still have a feeling with four different size maps there should be some sensible limits as to what should fit them....as usual I'm perhaps worrying about something that's not important - as long as the map bug gets fixed of course.  No good if maps are crashing just because the OOB is too big for them.

A silly thought, what if the forest terrains DID allow deployment, but the movement speed was very badly affected.  That might solve a lot of problems !. 

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 18 février 2010, 23:38:41 pm »
It's only dense forests  that block movment... and lakes.  And rivers.

Simple maps should work ok  until whatever problem with deployment gets fixed.

Hook