Auteur Sujet: Moving around with my corps comander  (Lu 8444 fois)

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
Moving around with my corps comander
« le: 17 février 2010, 19:48:32 pm »
I really like the F5 view and hopping from one corps-comander to the other. Please let them move around (with arrow keys when in F5 view they are not active) so that I can ride to a position where to see the enemy. That would be a great enhancement!

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
Re : Moving around with my corps comander
« Réponse #1 le: 05 avril 2010, 19:27:20 pm »
Will it be possible in the future to move corps-commanders on the map like the CiC?
Sometimes they look like beyond control,  staying far away from their own units...
This is not good for moral calculation  ;) 

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 05 avril 2010, 20:26:22 pm »
Your Corps Commanders are doing exactly what they are supposed to do.  Rounding everybody up for deployment, intercepting routing units, checking on lines, observing the enemy etc.. Take a look at Ney at Waterloo he was everywhere.  If we start moving them independantly the units under his command will suffer, we don't have the time to micromanage the Corps commanders function.  It may however be feasable if we get a fully functioning Divisional Command but I don't think I'll be moving mine around, I've already got to much to worry about on the battlfield.

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 05 avril 2010, 20:49:36 pm »
I agree that most of the time they are doing what they have to do.
But when the battle is fully engaged, they sometimes have strange behaviour, being either in ennemy lines or staying far from their units. I'm sure you have already see that?
So I don't want to micromanage them but just to have the possibility to drive them at a better place, to obtain a full effect on the moral of their units.
PS: In my opinion, Ney at Waterloo behaved rather as the CiC of the "armée du nord" than as a corps commander.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 05 avril 2010, 20:55:33 pm »
I agre about Ney, he was just an extreme example but I still wondaer if they aren't meant to be doing something important.  We need JMM or Hooks input here.

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 05 avril 2010, 21:05:28 pm »
Yes, we will wait for more input on the topic  ;)

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #6 le: 03 juin 2011, 12:49:04 pm »
Well riding with CIC I always find myself 1 or 2 k behind the battlefield even if I ask them to go near the front they do there circling thing thne drifsts towards the back