Auteur Sujet: And now Supporting  (Lu 2798 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
And now Supporting
« le: 16 février 2010, 21:24:19 pm »
Had the same thought as Scouting.  The detached units "In Support" need unique doctrines in the editor.
e.g. "Engage in combat only if attacked or if the unit you are supporting is attacked"

This would greatly help our artillery, who have cavalry unit in support but somehow keep on getting wiped out, while the supporting cavalry looks on with disdain. With this new doctrine our supporting unit would engage enemy cavalry before it wiped out the artillery. In a real battle, if a Commander sent a unit to support his artillery, that would become it's overriding concern.

A supporting unit has specific orders so although detached, the detached doctrine as it stands, does not really allow the unit to protect the artillery it is supporting.

Any chance this could be fixed?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : And now Supporting
« Réponse #1 le: 16 février 2010, 22:11:45 pm »
There is a problem with the order " support for unit"...
It will be fixed in the patch 1
Sorry  :oops:

JMM

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 16 février 2010, 23:00:22 pm »
JMM, never say sorry, you are doing a magnificent job.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 17 février 2010, 09:36:09 am »
In a real battle, if a Commander sent a unit to support his artillery, that would become it's overriding concern.

In a real batte, the overriding concern of a unit commander is his unit security first and after that, the one is ordered to support.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 17 février 2010, 14:14:42 pm »
Lodi57, that goes without saying but I have supporting cavalry either doing nothing or going off chasing other units to the other side of the battle field.  I may want to set this type of doctrine for detached units but I don't want my supporting units to do it.  I want them to protect themselves from immediate danger first and protect my artillery second.  I do not see a way of selecting this doctrine in the editor.