Auteur Sujet: Is there a message if a player gets dis-con from MP.  (Lu 4639 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Is there a message if a player gets dis-con from MP.
« le: 14 février 2010, 23:42:28 pm »
So far I have played every MP game, total time about 10+ hours or so, without anyone getting dis-connected but IF someone does lose their connection is there any kind of message to tell the others this has happen ?.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
Re : Is there a message if a player gets dis-con from MP.
« Réponse #1 le: 15 février 2010, 14:45:17 pm »
No, unfortunately not.
In some instances the game will auto-pause when that happens.
A player may also reconnect if he has lost connection, but that doesn't always work.
(As I'm thinking about it now, the game may even allow that a player may join at a later stage. Not sure, but would be cool)
We had a successful reconnect after a crash once, but we also failed many times. What does work is saving and resuming. Iirc, the host pauses and quits. Then he resumes from the main menu and the others join.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 15 février 2010, 16:44:09 pm »
(As I'm thinking about it now, the game may even allow that a player may join at a later stage. Not sure, but would be cool)
I'm 99% sure I saw JMM say this was possible, it's a game feature to be able to re-join if losing internet connection.

We had a successful reconnect after a crash once, but we also failed many times. What does work is saving and resuming. Iirc, the host pauses and quits. Then he resumes from the main menu and the others join.
This is without Hamachi I assume, I had another MP game today and still no connections problems with Hamachi, I'm getting more and more impressed, EXCEPT for me not being able to host, but I've found a load of stuff about Hamachi being ok for 95-97% of users, the other 3-5% HAVE to open a port for HAMACHI. If 95-97 out of every 100 can host, with no connections problems, that seems like the way to go, so no one has to become a "techie" and worry about opening ports.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 14 mars 2010, 15:52:11 pm »
Yesterday, we have checked the MP with Hook. Interesting because he is connected by satellite.

So, HW verify the connection with a test for a time-out, and the delay was too short for this kind of connection... BUT maybe also it is limit for normal MP.
So, I increased the value and all seems right by now.

Another problem with the IP address. If one of component is under 128 (code is like that xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with xxx from 0 to 255), the address is modified and the connection isn't possible  ;)

So, I am trying to modified the code for the next patch.

JMM

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 14 mars 2010, 16:02:13 pm »
JMM, will this be quick MP only patch, or will we have to wait? sounds good though

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 14 mars 2010, 16:35:42 pm »
If one of component is under 128 (code is like that xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with xxx from 0 to 255), the address is modified and the connection isn't possible
My IP number has all four three diget numbers under 100.....It used to work though hamachi untill the last patch, after that it no longer worked.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #6 le: 14 mars 2010, 17:36:34 pm »
MP worked before the patch01a?
Did you reinstall DirectX?

JMM

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 14 mars 2010, 18:50:46 pm »
MP worked before the patch01a?
Yes, I played at least 10 games with no problems connection wise, so did some other people - all through the hamachi network.

Did you reinstall DirectX?
No.  Well, not that I know of.  Should I do ?.  Why ?  Where from ?.  Have we been told to do this ?.

May I respectfully ask that in the next patch HW provide more "offical" information on how to make MP work.  There is a lot of confusion about this whole subject and not everyone knows everything about pc's.