Auteur Sujet: Could PBEM be changed to 30 minutes ?.  (Lu 3727 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Could PBEM be changed to 30 minutes ?.
« le: 13 février 2010, 19:00:49 pm »
I don't know if others would agree, but I'm thinking the PBEM system is excellent, with only one big draw back, a 10 hour battle needs 40 turns, which even at one per day is almost 6 weeks......that time could be cut in half if turns were 30 minutes each and we would not lose anything from that change.  The format of LG would work well with 30 minutes segements......is it worth thinking about ?.

Hors ligne Count Miloradovich

• Lieutenant
Re : Could PBEM be changed to 30 minutes ?.
« Réponse #1 le: 13 février 2010, 19:46:01 pm »
30 minutes without orders.Sounds a bit risky especially for detached units.Maybe option where we may choose turn length?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 13 février 2010, 20:05:30 pm »
I can't think of any good reason not to allow the players to choose the turn length in a PBEM game.  Say from 15 minutes to maybe 2 hours.  A 2 hour turn will give you 5 order phases in a 10 hour battle, which should be enough.  Of course, you wouldn't be able to micromanage everything, but that's a plus for some people.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 13 février 2010, 22:17:15 pm »
I can't think of any good reason not to allow the players to choose the turn length in a PBEM game
Good idea, you mean deciede at the start and then the turns remain the same amout of time every turn of the game, that would be good, allowing PBEM battles to be resolved quicker.....such a good system, but so many turns needed.....I would not be surprised if some people lost interest after several weeks when not even half way to finishing.