Auteur Sujet: The NBC Hamachi network for MP.  (Lu 13222 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
The NBC Hamachi network for MP.
« le: 13 février 2010, 13:33:33 pm »
As discussed else where NBC are using Hamachi for MP gaming :

http://napbc.freeforums.org/how-to-install-hamachi-to-play-lg-in-mp-format-t1552.html

This is a free version and NBC welcome ANYONE to join and use this, BUT, please do not join this network if you will be in-active as there is a limit of 16 users per network and we will be needing those places for user's that do make good use of it.

If there are people who join and are never active I'm afraid to say they will be ejected, this is only because of the limited numbers, if there were no limit everyone could join and it would not matter if they used it or not.  I hope everyone understands this situation and if they find they have been "kicked" off that will be the reason.....if we start to get overloaded we can make a 2nd network, or 3rd etc etc but each will have room for only 16 members.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : The NBC Hamachi network for MP.
« Réponse #1 le: 13 février 2010, 16:47:44 pm »
Ops, I should have mentioned, it would be much appreciated if anyone who joins the NBC network, who is NOT known to NBC members please introduce themselves, either here or on the NBC site - a few words will be fine, but if the network gets filled with "stangers" it would not be very fair for the NBC lads trying to use it.

If others set up their own networks perhaps the details could be posted here, so others may join.

Hors ligne mitra

• Major
« Réponse #2 le: 16 février 2010, 16:30:06 pm »
Why only the old version of hamachi? The new one has problems?
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #3 le: 16 février 2010, 16:45:37 pm »
I use the latest version.
version 2.0.1.66

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 16 février 2010, 18:33:20 pm »
It may not make any difference which version is used, we use one that works, that's all I'm concerned about, I don't care if it's old or new, as long as it works !.

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #5 le: 17 février 2010, 13:35:01 pm »
First network is getting crowded Gunner. (14 people so far) Is it possible to write other adresses also ?

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #6 le: 17 février 2010, 14:01:06 pm »
I just left NBC to give you guys some room.
To create a new network, just select network from the menu and select "create new network".
It's really easy.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 17 février 2010, 14:26:18 pm »
Yes, we have THREE now, full details are on the NBC site......it is starting to appear that Hamachi is not so good as first thought, it's great for 1v1 when both people know they can host/join together, but becomes harder as the numbers grow, some can host and join, but others can not....the combinations of who can do what makes building even a 2v2 way to hard to be practical.

Unless something amazing happens very soon I will give up on the games bigger than 1v1, it's too time consuming for no reward.

Another very basic problem with this is you never know for certain if someone has a game ready to join, as it's not possible to see it, they say they host a game, so you try to join, but they may have closed it down before you arrive, then you get the red screen !.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #8 le: 17 février 2010, 14:43:17 pm »
Well, for an MP game you need one host. No matter how many players.  :mrgreen:
But I agree, if not enough people are able to host, that's a problem.
Maybe you could make a survey and check out if there's a common thing those people share. Could be, they're all behind a router.

Knowing if the game is up can only be done by chatting parallel , either in MSN or using the Hamachi chat.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #9 le: 17 février 2010, 15:00:32 pm »
Well, for an MP game you need one host. No matter how many players
This is very true, BUT it has become apparant that some can not join a hosted game, so a host for a 2v2 may end up as a 2v1 because one canot join.

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : The NBC Hamachi network for MP.
« Réponse #10 le: 17 février 2010, 16:09:49 pm »
This is very true, BUT it has become apparant that some can not join a hosted game, so a host for a 2v2 may end up as a 2v1 because one canot join.

An idea! In order to know who can host on Hamachi, I suggest those who can host, suffix to there nickname "_CAN_host". Suppress a doubt at least.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #11 le: 17 février 2010, 17:14:36 pm »
It's a good idea, I already have a post on NBC with confirmed game hosts, that I know of......but, if A can host and B, C, D can join but E can not join......B can host but A can not join him.....etc etc....there seems to be something random going on.  If you look at the Hamachi help about testing your Hamachi connection with the "ping" I get "timed out" from player A (no ping possible) yet I can join his hosted game, he can not ping me so that means neither machine can connect to each other yet I CAN play mp if he hosts, I can not host....that should be impossible.  That is a real example without the name.

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #12 le: 17 février 2010, 17:52:35 pm »
Enough Gunner24. You make me giddy.

I understand my suggestion is not THE solution. :-)

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #13 le: 25 mars 2010, 08:48:10 am »
Now we have the second network i think. Can you please update network names and passwords... i am sure they were somewhere around here but... :oops:

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division