Auteur Sujet: The Brits  (Lu 11741 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
The Brits
« le: 12 février 2010, 02:49:19 am »
The Brits, please, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : The Brits
« Réponse #1 le: 12 février 2010, 17:43:23 pm »
The Brits would be great, but then we also need the maps for the Belgian/French border and the 100 days !"

Will one be accompained by the other ?.

Hors ligne mccourt

• Adjudant
« Réponse #2 le: 13 février 2010, 10:55:17 am »
Even though I'd like to see the British Army - and pre-1815 initially - think we need the Prussians first

Tom

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
Re : Re : The Brits
« Réponse #3 le: 13 février 2010, 11:06:17 am »
Even though I'd like to see the British Army - and pre-1815 initially - think we need the Prussians first

Tom

Second that, mainly because of the amount of work that will be much higher for adding the British.
We already have l'Estocqs corps and adding the rest of the Prussian army should not be as time consuming as doing the Brits.
Moreover, adding the British army alone is somewhat pointless because they rarely fought alone but were supported by Spanish, Portuguese, Brunswickers or Dutch. Of course I'd like to see these armies too but the Prussians could arrive earlier.

I'd even appreciate the completion of the existing armies (i.e. Russian Opolchenie-militia) more than completely new armies.
Orendels OoB depot - Historical OoBs for all Napoleonic battles:
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4062.msg53425.html#msg53425

Hors ligne mccourt

• Adjudant
« Réponse #4 le: 13 février 2010, 14:10:23 pm »
After the main Prussian forces - and the 1806 campaign in particular -, it would have to be the Peninsular for me. The variety of troops and nationalities involved and the various scales of engagements that could be modelled would be good.

One smaller scale campaign that might be interesting would be the Black Horde in 1809.

Thanks

Tom

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 13 février 2010, 14:14:38 pm »
You know, I've been thinking about it and you're right, it's a big job.  As well as a whole set of new Allied armies, we would need a lot of maps.  I hate to say it but this should be an expansion rather than new scenarios and we should pay for it.  It would be a major project for JMM.

I know JMM has a lot of work doing Patches, so it will be a project in the making.  There is a lot of new blood and talent around the game now, guys making OOB's and maps, JMM maybe you could utilize their talents.

There are a lot of Brits here now and I for one would pay for a "Peninsula War and Campaign of 1815" expansion. It  would be great fun to play MP or PBEM with French and Allied teams.  

My dear French friends, you may even get your revenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #6 le: 13 février 2010, 14:19:06 pm »
One should also consider that an implementation of the British would not only involve adding new units, but also a totally new grand tactical AI...the reverse slope tactics, the line and the skirmisher tactics would have to be added...which is a lot of work...

I believe this was discussed ealier already, with the result that this will be added later...if I remember correctly...

CvC
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
« Réponse #7 le: 13 février 2010, 18:31:39 pm »

Yes, we need the Prussians first (and any missing Russians) because that at least enables us to recreate many more battles from campaigns where Napoleon was contending with Prussian and Russian armies at the same time (like 1814). Plus, once all the Prussians are added we've got Blucher, and that leaves us with only the Brits and Dutch-Belgians to make Waterloo possible.

Hors ligne EylauHurricane

• Capitaine
  • Rgt. Italien de Osimo -SINE CAPITE GENTIUM CIVITAS
« Réponse #8 le: 13 février 2010, 20:47:31 pm »
Very important to have the Brits!!!

But to create battles and situation of the Peninsular War (according to me, the most important "battlefield" for British Army, more than Waterloo) we should have, and only mentioning the essential:
- of course, the British
-the Spanish and the Portoguese
-map symbol for Spain and Portugal (different houses, different terrain, different plantations...)
A lot of work! I hope as quick as possible!!! ;)
"LES OFFICIERS NE SONT RIEN QUAND ILS N' ONT PAS DE POUVOIR" (Napoléon,  "Guerre et Paix" de Lev Tolstoy)

Hors ligne defcon

• Adjudant
« Réponse #9 le: 16 août 2010, 19:54:21 pm »
The Brits would be great, but then we also need the maps for the Belgian/French border and the 100 days !"

Will one be accompained by the other ?.

Absolutely agreed!  A Napoleonic game without the British and the Battle of Waterloo is like a sky without stars.   :smile:
The taste of relive that battle and 100 days is priceless ..... :mrgreen:

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #10 le: 17 août 2010, 03:11:57 am »
Bibauba, Eylau and Co, have made a superb Peninsula mod. I am sure that HLG will work on an Official expansion Pack for the Peninsula and the Waterloo campaign. It will require some reworking of thAI to take into account different tactics.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #11 le: 17 août 2010, 12:37:26 pm »
Absolutely agreed!  A Napoleonic game without the British and the Battle of Waterloo is like a sky without stars.   :smile:
The taste of relive that battle and 100 days is priceless ..... :mrgreen:
Bibauba, Eylau and Co, have made a superb Peninsula mod. I am sure that HLG will work on an Official expansion Pack for the Peninsula and the Waterloo campaign. It will require some reworking of thAI to take into account different tactics.
Hi all,

Ajlewisbrookes, thanks again for your congralutions.
Maybe it will take some time for an official expansion pack.
For the moment, my friends and I are working on adds-on with spanish troups for the Peninsular War Mod.

Regards, :D
Théo
« Modifié: 17 août 2010, 12:52:25 pm par Théodoricus »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #12 le: 17 août 2010, 18:01:54 pm »
Theo, you have my wholehearted support and as I told Bibouba, I am willing to try an MP with this Mod. I have made a seperate Histwar installation just for this.  So please could you get one of your development team to try an MP with me as a test. Just PM me.

Thanks again

AJ

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #13 le: 17 août 2010, 20:43:26 pm »
Theo, you have my wholehearted support and as I told Bibouba, I am willing to try an MP with this Mod. I have made a seperate Histwar installation just for this.  So please could you get one of your development team to try an MP with me as a test. Just PM me.

Thanks again

AJ

For some weeks, we are all in holidays but nevertheless we always try to get an eye on the news of the Histwar forum.
Mod takes a lot of our time.
But I know that bibouba is the most interested among us for MP.
You surely know that he has joined the HWLG CW League with the "Belle Alliance" team.
But now he spends holidays in New York. Maybe he could try an MP with the mod as soon as he'll be back.

Théo

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #14 le: 17 août 2010, 20:47:33 pm »
sounds good, let him know i'm available. It really does need an MP test