Auteur Sujet: Orendels OoB depot  (Lu 69440 fois)

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
Orendels OoB depot
« le: 11 février 2010, 16:05:44 pm »
Hi all!
This is going to be a big project: My goal is to post OoBs for all major clashes of the Napoleonic wars between 1805 and 1815 (battles with at least 5000 men on both sides).
My main source is Smith's Greenhill Napoleonic Wars Data Book. Most of the information there is excellent but I'm sure that you can find some errors. I tried to reproduce the OoBs from Smith as accurately as possible within the limits of the OoB editor.

Some remarks about the OoBs:
Often the CiC was also commander of one Corps. In these cases the CiC and the corps commander are identical but I renamed the corps commander as AdC, meaning that an Aide de Camp of the CiC leads the corps. So we don't have 2 Murat's one the map...
I include some information about the troop strength in the name of the OoB. That way you can easily see the size of the army you choose when setting up "quick", balanced battles.

The naming format of the oob-files is as follows:
[Year of battle - only if there were more than one battle at the same location between 1792 and 1815][Name of place][French CEH]x[Allied CEH]

"1805Caldiero55x80" means: It's the OoB for the battle of Caldiero in 1805 (not the battles of 1796 or 1813) with 55 CEH for the Grande Armee and 80 CEH for the Allied force.

This naming also prevents that you overwrite any existing OoBs when installing my OoBs.

INSTALLATION: Unzip all files into the "Army" folder.

Feel free to correct any errors and HAVE FUN!!!

PROGRESS:
Finished so far for the available forces: 111 battles between 1805 and 1815.
Updated some oobs. All OoB files are available in one single zip-file,  including an excel-table as reference.
Download here:
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4062.msg60786.html#msg60786

Added 6 battles of the Belgian campaign in 1815:
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4062.msg75343.html#msg75343
« Modifié: 16 janvier 2011, 17:22:16 pm par orendel »
Orendels OoB depot - Historical OoBs for all Napoleonic battles:
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4062.msg53425.html#msg53425

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
Re : Orendels scenario depot
« Réponse #1 le: 11 février 2010, 16:09:31 pm »
I'm really looking forward to this.
Now we need some maps really quick.  :mrgreen:

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
Re : Orendels OoB depot
« Réponse #2 le: 11 février 2010, 16:47:01 pm »
Please allow me a point of constructive criticism.
I noticed in the OoB of Herbrechtingen, that there's a unit of Dragoons named "6. CR Fürst Rosenberg".
I wonder, what is it? A Cuirassier Regiment or dragoons?  ;) (It's not just in your OoB, I think the designation is wrong in the OoB provided by the game.) A regiment of Kürassiere would be CR and a regiment of Dragoons DR. If they are Cuirassiers then they need to be upgraded to Cuirassiers in your OoB, because now they are Dragoons. Seeing that the Austrians are badly outnumbered they can use them.
Oh and btw, its a "Grenadier Division" not Grenadieren. I know, it's in the game and not your fault but if you're gonna spend that much time on doing all those OoB, I thought I mention it early.  :mrgreen:

I really aprreciate your work. Please take my complaints with a grain of salt. It's "whining on a high level" as we say in Germany.

Thanks,

Ras
« Modifié: 11 février 2010, 16:48:59 pm par Ras »

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
Re : Re : Orendels OoB depot
« Réponse #3 le: 11 février 2010, 18:04:07 pm »
Please allow me a point of constructive criticism.
I noticed in the OoB of Herbrechtingen, that there's a unit of Dragoons named "6. CR Fürst Rosenberg".
I wonder, what is it? A Cuirassier Regiment or dragoons?  ;) (It's not just in your OoB, I think the designation is wrong in the OoB provided by the game.) A regiment of Kürassiere would be CR and a regiment of Dragoons DR. If they are Cuirassiers then they need to be upgraded to Cuirassiers in your OoB, because now they are Dragoons. Seeing that the Austrians are badly outnumbered they can use them.
Oh and btw, its a "Grenadier Division" not Grenadieren. I know, it's in the game and not your fault but if you're gonna spend that much time on doing all those OoB, I thought I mention it early.  :mrgreen:

I really aprreciate your work. Please take my complaints with a grain of salt. It's "whining on a high level" as we say in Germany.

Thanks,

Ras

1st of all: Hallo, bin doch auch Deutscher  :) For the non-Germans let's talk in English.
The designation CR in the Austrian army means Chevaux-legers-Regiment, that is light cavalry. Cuirassier regiments are abbreviated KR. The OoB editor is correct in this case.
You're right about the "Grenadieren Division" but anyway they should not be called "Grenadierdivision" because it's not a division. "Grenadiers reunis" or "Vereinigte Grenadiere" would be better.

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #4 le: 11 février 2010, 20:14:58 pm »
Thanks for those I just realised that the OoB downloads are actually at the bottom of your posts on a link under the line.....Dohh :oops: (I thought you were just anouncing an intention to make them, silly me!)

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #5 le: 11 février 2010, 21:14:07 pm »
Just a comment (not a critisism) ;)

I just had a chance to look at your OoB for Wertingen. It is an interesting contrast to my own in its  organisation into seperately controlable groups.  Yours is correct, but until divisions and brigades are made seperately controlable in the game it means for the french only two controlable groups (Murat's Corps and Lanne's) and one for Austria. This puts all the French cavalry in one group and all the infantry in the second. So the different arrival times of the divisions in the historical battle cannot be simulated (unless by detaching individual squadrons). My organisation puts the divisions at the top of the organisation so we have 5 controlable groups for France and 2 for Austria. This means our OoBs will play out quite differently ( which is fine, nicely complimentary)

This emphasises that one may need to structure the OoB to the scenario one wishes to play if historical scenarios are your thing.

This is probably most true of small battles

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #6 le: 11 février 2010, 21:16:56 pm »
why not use the corps structure in smaller battles to simulate Divisions and the actual CinC remains "just" Corps Commander?
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 11 février 2010, 21:25:56 pm »
Thats exactly what i did :D for my OoB

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
« Réponse #8 le: 11 février 2010, 23:01:04 pm »
I try to use the corps size (CEH limit 50 in the OoB editor) for smaller battles but this can lead to very small limits of special troop types. At Wertingen the French had about 3400 dragoons. This many dragoons are not available with CEH50. That's why I chose the "Army" size even in smaller battles if necessary.
This can be a problem for playability as you pointed out but you could still detach units and give individual orders.
I don't pay attention to arrival times at the moment, may consider this later.
« Modifié: 11 février 2010, 23:04:05 pm par orendel »

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #9 le: 11 février 2010, 23:36:49 pm »
thank you anyway for your effort!!!  :mrgreen:
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #10 le: 12 février 2010, 02:47:24 am »
Orondel, thank you for your hard work. Making this stuff is beyond me, so forgive me if I just enjoy them.  Looking forward to what you'll do when we've got the Brits.

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
« Réponse #11 le: 12 février 2010, 11:22:24 am »
Thank you all for your kind words! This is a great community! It encourages me to go on (Remaking Austerlitz-OoB means a lot of sweat!!).

Hors ligne Pom

• Caporal
« Réponse #12 le: 12 février 2010, 12:10:51 pm »
Thanks forall these, will look out for all your future releases. :D

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : December 1805
« Réponse #13 le: 12 février 2010, 13:37:29 pm »
I gave the Russians only 80 guns because their exact number is not known and their infantry and cavalry is strong enough  ;)

The exact number is not known but 80 guns is far from reality. The distinctive feature of the Russian army is its strong allocation in artillery.

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/battles/Austerlitz/c_austerlitzoob4.html

To have followed the Austerlitz 2009 game on French forum, I can say than dividing by more than 4 the Russian artillery allocation gives the French (which troops have already an outclassing on Austrians and Russians in LG for year 1805) a considerable advantage that will give the Allied nearly any chance to win.

“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne orendel

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • Follow me on twitter
Re : Re : December 1805
« Réponse #14 le: 12 février 2010, 16:56:18 pm »
To have followed the Austerlitz 2009 game on French forum, I can say than dividing by more than 4 the Russian artillery allocation gives the French (which troops have already an outclassing on Austrians and Russians in LG for year 1805) a considerable advantage that will give the Allied nearly any chance to win.

This argument is strong. Going to rework the OoB and give the Russians their guns back.