Auteur Sujet: Pre PBEM set up stage.  (Lu 4137 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Pre PBEM set up stage.
« le: 07 février 2010, 16:54:07 pm »
Hello all, this might be the stupidiest question anyone has ever asked, or it might just explain the PBEM problems.

Question : Do BOTH players have to have an identical set up like this picture to play PBEM ?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Pre PBEM set up stage.
« Réponse #1 le: 07 février 2010, 17:39:00 pm »
Hello all, this might be the stupidiest question anyone has ever asked, or it might just explain the PBEM problems.
Question : Do BOTH players have to have an identical set up like this picture to play PBEM ?

The instructions don't say anything about both sides having to set up everything the same, do they?

I've got email games going using different maps and OoBs and they work without problems.  It would be way too much trouble to change this for every game you have.

I suggest you try a different map than Eylau and see if PBEM works better there.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 07 février 2010, 18:13:24 pm »
The instructions don't say anything about both sides having to set up everything the same, do they?
No they don't, I never said they did. I asked a question, your answer could have been - "No".

I've got email games going using different maps and OoBs and they work without problems.  It would be way too much trouble to change this for every game you have.
Sure, that's very understandable, I was not suggesting it should be like this, only looking for a reason why people are having problems.

I suggest you try a different map than Eylau and see if PBEM works better there.
I have tried many different maps and OOB, with the same result, everything runs ok untill I get the ONE frame video which you said is because the other person has not folowed the instructions correctly, but they say they have.

I'm really getting confused at why you and others are NOT having problems with PBEM yet others are and there is no explanation as to why this is - Is it a simple case of people not following the instructions correctly ? - there has to be a reason, otherwise it would all be working for everyone, and not some.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #3 le: 07 février 2010, 19:12:52 pm »
Bonjour Messieurs,

Let's settle down a bit here (i.e. cool-off) and find a solution by cooperative communication ..... less confrontation, more information, if you please, messieurs ....  ;)

Cordialement, DoE

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 07 février 2010, 19:26:16 pm »
more information
That's what I'm trying to find, information WHY there are problems for some people, and not for others......

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Pre PBEM set up stage.
« Réponse #5 le: 07 février 2010, 20:00:31 pm »
That's what I'm trying to find, information WHY there are problems for some people, and not for others......

Gunner, we're all trying to find more information.  It's a lot easier in chat where we can talk people through things and ask questions.  Just as soon as we have more information, we'll let you know.  I've got leads on three possible problems, but I'm going to wait for verification before saying anything because any problems could be somewhere else.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #6 le: 07 février 2010, 20:27:22 pm »
I've got leads on three possible problems, but I'm going to wait for verification before saying anything because any problems could be somewhere else
Excellent, that's the best news today, thanks.