Auteur Sujet: Is there something wrong with PBEM mode ?.  (Lu 3832 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Is there something wrong with PBEM mode ?.
« le: 03 février 2010, 19:34:58 pm »
I'm very dis-appointed that there is no guide or even basic help as to how PBEM works with LG.  MP is proving way to hard for many people to bother with and it looks like PBEM might be as well.  I bought LG for MP/PBEM, not as a SP v AI game.

I just did this ;

1. Went to start a new PBEM game playing FRANCE.
2. I left the game without giving any orders as that is what someone said you need to do to start things off, is that information wrong, as it did say to give orders and hit P. 
3. I went into PBEM "watch a replay" mode and went to the battlefield where I was in command of the enemy forces !!!!.....asking for orders to be given ?. I exited the game without giving orders.
4. That took me to the SOLO player main menu ?.
5. I again went to the PBEM "watch a replay" and now get an "error"

To say I'm confused would be an understatment.

As I understand it BOTH players have to "start" the same game and send the files to each other BEFORE giving any orders - is that right ?.  If so what after that, do you swap the latest file each time ?....I guess so, meaning after the start you have ONE file in that folder - yes ?.

This game has been in development/testing for many many years, to not have instructions for using PBEM is shocking.

You might have guessed, I never played PBEM format ever before, the theory loks great, and I'm sure it works great when you know how to work it.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Is there something wrong with PBEM mode ?.
« Réponse #1 le: 03 février 2010, 20:58:57 pm »
I guess you could say PBEM is still under development.  While one person claims he's gotten it to work, no one has been able to duplicate his success.  So forget all that stuff about having both players create the game, it doesn't seem to work that way.  PBEM is intended to use only one pbe file sent back and forth between players.  Other reported methods appear to be "that which is not so."

I have high hopes for PBEM to be working in the next patch.  I can't give even an unofficial estimate of when that will be, but it won't be very long.  So hang in there.

A lot of people have been playing multiplayer.  Concentrate on getting that to work for now.  It may take a couple of tries to get connected.  Again, hang in there.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 04 février 2010, 00:20:00 am »
Thanks for the update Hook, I did suspect something was wrong, but not having used PBEM before I was not sure if it was "not working" or it was me doing something wrong.

I hope it won't be too long before a fix.

Hors ligne william44af

• Adjudant
« Réponse #3 le: 06 février 2010, 00:00:42 am »
moi cela me semble pouvoir fonctionner non ?

joueur A :
-créer la partie et donner ses ordres faire "P"
-envoyer le mail

joueur B
-sauver le mail dans le répertoire pbem,
-choisir PBEM comme mode de jeu
-choisir "voir la video"
- donner ses ordres faire "P"
-envoyer le mail

joueur A
-sauver le mail dans le répertoire pbem,
-choisir PBEM comme mode de jeu
-choisir "voir la vidéo"
- donner ses ordres faire "P"

etc....

mais le système vérifie la clé du joueur qui ouvre le fichier pour vérifier si c'est bien à lui de voir cette vidéo : le test semble impossible seul, le système refusant que A et B aient la même clef ...?

je veux bien essayer d'échanger deux trois fichier pour essayer ...