Auteur Sujet: Comment the screenshots  (Lu 13684 fois)

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Comment the screenshots
« le: 16 mai 2004, 15:45:04 pm »
Hello and  bonjour everyone,

You can comment on the latest screenshots over here.

I'll take the opportunity to be the first at the English forum.  8)

Now you start to get an idea how they will look like and I think it looks very promising  :) . However all the objects/textures are not in place yet, which I think is a pity.   :cry:  It's the details that makes the difference between splendid and average uniform images.
I'm thinking of the cuffs and epaulettes that are missing, the collars and turnbacks that don’t have the right colors (just the same as the jacket). See the full textures and objects here:
http://www.histwar.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=799

The screenshot of the French line infantry is warped and you can clearly see that the heads have been placed on the body because it's not a perfect fit. They are also wearing the guard lapels because the red piping for the line infantry is not there.

Thank’s for the efforts JMM, but more detailed uniforms please. It would give a more justified picture of them.  :wink:  

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #1 le: 16 mai 2004, 21:52:55 pm »
Bonjour Lars,

And Thank you for this very good analyse.
There are a lot of very small details.. and as Lars says, it's a difference between the present screenshots and the final ones.

Today, the important thing is to look at the different uniforms... All graphical procédure aren't used so the uniforms are very blank and flat too  :cry:

Maybe I have to wait for the final process to show the final screenshot.. and maybe I must not show screenshots but only AVis.

A bientôt,
JMM

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #2 le: 16 mai 2004, 22:34:47 pm »
Bonsoir JMM,

Don't spend too much time presenting these screenshots. If you ask me it's better to finish the SW and present the screenshots when they are ready. However it's nice to get a status report once a month or so.  8)

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #3 le: 17 mai 2004, 17:26:59 pm »
Bonsoir JMM,

I hope we haven't discouraged you with not too positive comments.
Just for the record, I have the screenshot of the French Line infantry saved as my desktop wallpaper.  :D  :wink:

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #4 le: 17 mai 2004, 17:57:59 pm »
:D No problem Lars...

I know these screenshots aren't finished, but I begin to get a very nice result with the animations... and I have yet to work  :lol: to finish this game and to get the award of the best napoleonic wargame on 2005  :D

Don't forget the best french victory was Austerlitz on 1805 :D
I must to win the wargame battle on 2005 :D  

Don't worry Lars.. all is right  :wink:

JMM

Hors ligne Hentzau

• Adjudant
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #5 le: 18 mai 2004, 06:26:23 am »
The new screenshots on the homepage look good to me, cuffs and details are the hardest kind of thing to do when the textures sometimes get stretched on models.  I know that from badly painting just two models for one game mod that took me a LONG time. lol  

Ah, 2005 now is it?  Guess you'll have to beat Imperial Glory, not sure if that really counts as a wargame though?  :D

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #6 le: 18 mai 2004, 08:03:48 am »
Bonjour,

Correction.. No sure my last post was clear :oops:
I was speaking about award  :lol: but I don't think this game is launching on 2005.. but All will be made to finish on this year :wink:

Is it clear :?:  :?:  :?:

About destinctives.. this first screenshots don't show the colors of details but all is coded to do that... Not yet :wink:

JMM

Hors ligne Hentzau

• Adjudant
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #7 le: 18 mai 2004, 10:30:46 am »
Clear.   :D

Hors ligne Hentzau

• Adjudant
20 May screenshots look great
« Réponse #8 le: 25 mai 2004, 05:38:03 am »
The 20 May screenshots look excellent to me, not that i'm even close to being an expert.  Much better than cardboard counters any day. lol

I'm looking forward to those DivX movies.   :D

Hors ligne sunray

• Caporal
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #9 le: 26 mai 2004, 13:08:01 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I have been watching the development of this game for a few weeks now, and I believe that it will probably be the best Napoleonic realtime wargame there has ever been. I have played most of the reatime wargames of this era, starting with one of my favorites, Fields of Glory.

I think that posting the screenshots is great. Please give us some more. Especially one or two of closeups on artillery. That would be really, really, good.

I wish you the best of luck with this game. I would say that I will be definitely buying it !!!

regards

sunray
 :D  :D

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #10 le: 26 mai 2004, 15:03:34 pm »
Thank you very much  :D
Merci beaucoup  :D

ASAP a lot of screenshots... ans some AVIs  8)

HistWar Team

Hors ligne kikka

• Soldat
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #11 le: 26 mai 2004, 23:36:58 pm »
JMM:
The game is looking great! Already the non-finished screens look great. I am sure that when you refine them they will look fantastic!  I am very happy with the attention to detail on every uniform seen so far. I also am glad you are going with the 1812 Bardin regulation uniforms for the French.

Keep up the fantastic work!!
-Kikka
Imperatrice

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #12 le: 28 mai 2004, 19:42:54 pm »
Bonjour,

I think the new screens (May 28th) looks fantastic. The burned out town/village looks really great.  :D

I do have a problem with why the French Line inf. has darker breeches than their Russian counterparts.  I see no reason for that.  :?:

...and the Cavalry clash (French Carabineers vs. Austrian Cuirassiers). Their grandiose white uniforms is no longer white they are entirely grey.  8O

I know they should not be whiter than white as Henniak would express it but now they are greyer than grey.  :lol:

Apart from that the over all impression is brilliant.  The last screenshot makes me feel I'm in the action my self, fighting among them  :P

It's getting harder and harder to select one as my desktop wallpaper.   :roll:

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne sunray

• Caporal
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #13 le: 29 mai 2004, 08:34:23 am »
Hi,

Comments on the screenshots, as requested:

In a phrase, they look excellent!! The unit chain of command is so impresseive. It is great to see that screen of the cavalry with a couple of regimental staff groups in amongst them. This is the first game of this nature that I have seen make any attempt to graphically represent the command structure of a regiment. Brilliant !!

Are you going to show the command structure of brigades, divisions, and corps?

Will artillery batteries have a command structure, as infantry and cavalry do?

If you are in the role of the regimental commander, can you order individual batallions to do different things?

Will the different size guns in artillery batteries be represented graphically? e.g. 12 pounders, 6 pounders etc. And will the horse artillery be represented differently to the foot artillery?

Why have we not seen any regimental, or national, flags (colours) yet? Is is because they are not finalised as yet?

Which brings me to the last question. Can you please show some closer screenshots of the artillery?

All in all, I am more impressed with this game with each release of new screenshots, that show more of the details !!

All the very best of luck to you !!

regards

sunray
 :D  :D  :D

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Comment the screenshots
« Réponse #14 le: 30 mai 2004, 10:28:29 am »
Hi everybody,

Are you going to show the command structure of brigades, divisions, and corps?

There are only 3 levels : Army, Corps and Regiment. Intermediate levels (division, brigade) allows to decrease the delay for the orders but there aren't showed.

Will artillery batteries have a command structure, as infantry and cavalry do?

Artillery is like infantry and cavalry. There are 3 orders : move to, attack at and link to.

If you are in the role of the regimental commander, can you order individual batallions to do different things?

No. The lower level is regimental level. But, IA can place a battailion on a regimental flank.

Will the different size guns in artillery batteries be represented graphically? e.g. 12 pounders, 6 pounders etc. And will the horse artillery be represented differently to the foot artillery?

yep, there are 4 different cannons : 12£, 8£, 4£ and howitzer (painted with the right color). About Horse/Foot artillery, there are 2 differences : uniforms and gunners are on their horse during the movement.

Why have we not seen any regimental, or national, flags (colours) yet? Is is because they are not finalised as yet?

they are not finalised 8)

Which brings me to the last question. Can you please show some closer screenshots of the artillery?

ASAP... I am working about 2 things : ground and artillery.. ASAP ASAP ASAP :wink:

All the very best of luck to you !!

Thank You

JMM