Auteur Sujet: The first corsican batailion  (Lu 4357 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
The first corsican batailion
« le: 28 avril 2004, 19:02:56 pm »
Hi,

An intermediate screenshot : a corsican batailion  :!:

JMM

Hors ligne Hentzau

• Adjudant
« Réponse #1 le: 29 avril 2004, 06:23:15 am »
Troops look impressive!  Trees and buildings look very good.  Stone wall texture looks sort of overscale compared to all the other stuff.  Very BIG stones there.  Minor detail hardly worth mentioning really.

Hors ligne Bil H

• Caporal
« Réponse #2 le: 03 mai 2004, 21:14:11 pm »
JMM,  I apologize if I am overly critical.. you guys are doing great work...

...but...

...I find the feet a little long, they look like they are wearing clown shoes

...the texture for the stone wall is way out of scale (already mentioned)

...I find the trees look a little cartoony, you can also see where a few of them collide and get cut off.  This would be fixed if you linked the tree planes to the camera, all the trees would then rotate with the camera and you would not have the collision problems I see.

...I also think the uniforms look a little flat.  However, I understand that there is only so much you can do with the available pixels, so they will work I think.

...the buildings look good, although the textures on the left most building do not match from the side to the front.

...how about a shadow texture under each soldier?  That will help tie them into the ground.

Of course, this is all without seeing them in motion or in game, which might help.  Although that stonewall will need some work regardless.  :wink:

Bil

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 04 mai 2004, 09:12:16 am »
Citation de: "Bil H"
JMM,  I apologize if I am overly critical.. you guys are doing great work...

...but...

...I find the feet a little long, they look like they are wearing clown shoes

RIGHT. We have to decrease these huge feet (-40%)

...the texture for the stone wall is way out of scale (already mentioned)

...I find the trees look a little cartoony, you can also see where a few of them collide and get cut off.  This would be fixed if you linked the tree planes to the camera, all the trees would then rotate with the camera and you would not have the collision problems I see.

...I also think the uniforms look a little flat.  However, I understand that there is only so much you can do with the available pixels, so they will work I think.

...the buildings look good, although the textures on the left most building do not match from the side to the front.

All textures aren't finished.. For example, we mixed old and new building textures...
We have to add the new 3D trees.

...how about a shadow texture under each soldier?  That will help tie them into the ground.

Next process :wink:

Of course, this is all without seeing them in motion or in game, which might help.

Yep.. there is a great difference...  8)

Cordialement
JMM