Auteur Sujet: Corps Attack Stoppage  (Lu 7699 fois)

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Corps Attack Stoppage
« le: 13 juillet 2015, 22:29:51 pm »
When does the Corps AI realize that any further action is deemed unnecessary
and might bring danger to the Corps itself ?

If a corps is made up of 3 divisions and all are wrecked (beyond re-assimilation and re-organization)
what does the AI do currently ? 
AI is currently designed to promote and coordinate attack defense and diversion actions: no retreats ?
I did watch a recorded a video of an Army who lost its wing commander as a casualty, that army
began a retrograde movement of all its units...there is only one instance available?  leader casualty...?

why has not a 'retreat' action been suggested in the game play (besides the current army retreat) through
the messengers from Division to Corps.

How far to the rear should the corps move and what stance should it adopt?
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
Re : Corps Attack Stoppage
« Réponse #1 le: 14 juillet 2015, 08:04:06 am »
When does the Corps AI realize that any further action is deemed unnecessary
and might bring danger to the Corps itself ?
It used to be around 50-60% casualties, I have seen more and I have seen less though...
If a corps is made up of 3 divisions and all are wrecked (beyond re-assimilation and re-organization)
what does the AI do currently ?
Presumably all cohesion breaks down and the corps is deemed 'broken' ie cannot undertake any orders due to bad cohesion and sits there, unless you are lucky enough to be able to give individual orders to units to move them back, not always possible though... Another option is to reassign individual regiments to new corps close by, again not easily undertaken, sometimes they will sometimes they won't.
why has not a 'retreat' action been suggested in the game play (besides the current army retreat) through
the messengers from Division to Corps.
I have asked for this, an order that cannot see the stricken corp actively make any offensive movements but retreat the field/or area, at best becoming 'left the field' statistics...
How far to the rear should the corps move and what stance should it adopt?
imo, I think leave the field completely, although the best thing is not to let corps get so dangerously close to collapse, easier said than done though.
I think a button/order enabling withdraw for individual corps, rather than broken corps sitting in place indefinitely...

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 14 juillet 2015, 08:50:56 am »
How often I wished to place such broken corps near the "base" at map border. They usually are still be able to perform some self-defence anyway. So it would make sense that they seize the own LOP at "base-area" to prevent scattered enemy units from threatening the LOP. Furthermore such weakened corps should feel much more comfortable in a backward-position, rather than freeze somewhere in the middle of the battlefield suffering much more risk to be broken completely or becoming prisoners more likely.
So these units should definately still be responsive for withdraw or defensive-orders at the base-area.

This also would allow to involve the reserves without leaving the backward LOP totally unprotected.

Special withdraw and disengage-orders imo would make HW a more complete simulation and provide the player with the opportunities a real field commander could order.
There were many situations during HW-battles I just wished being able to realize this with dedicated functions and an engine being responsive for this kind of rational concept.

I hope it can be added in the to-do-list.

Hors ligne Sidney77

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Corps Attack Stoppage
« Réponse #3 le: 14 juillet 2015, 09:38:33 am »
So it would make sense that they seize the own LOP at "base-area" to prevent scattered enemy units from threatening the LOP.
And if you read manual, this is how it is intended and how it should be done I believe.

Furthermore, if beaten corps stays frozen somewhere in the front line, I think it's rather impossible to move and deploy some reserve corps just through the former corps, in this case that reserve corps just refuses to do anything.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #4 le: 16 juillet 2015, 01:38:25 am »
Thanks to all replies. I certainly would like to see something in the 'to do' list
as Sandman and Friant point out.
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne temijen88

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #5 le: 16 juillet 2015, 18:16:35 pm »
I think a retreat action should be available.  I like the idea of disengage also. A good order corps may just want to pull back a little based on the rest of the battle. I don't want it to retreat or leave the field just preserve its combat worth.