Auteur Sujet: Some questions from a Grognard  (Lu 18327 fois)

Hors ligne Cuirassier

• Grognard
  • Caporal
Some questions from a Grognard
« Réponse #30 le: 25 mars 2004, 22:56:03 pm »
Perhaps I was not clear enough! Let me rephrase. I am assuming that I am playing in 3D mode.

*Say I am playing at the corps commander level. I have ordered my corps to deploy in a certain sector. The corps is marching. Suddenly an enemy regiment materializes on my right. How do I order one of my regiments to depart from the march and attack the enemy that is flanking me? You said that I need to left click the regiment that I have designated for attack, pick the ATTACK button in the drop-down menu, and again left click on the enemy unit to attack it.

*My question is while you are playing as the corps commander, could you order a regiment straightaway? Or do you need to first sink down to the level of the regimental commander first and then give the attack order?

*Say you have given the attack order to the said regiment. How do you get back into your role of corps commander? Do you have to click any buttons to do that?

*You are still in the corps commander role. You selected a regiment. How do you know that the regiment has been selected? Would there be any visual indicators?

*How are the 3D figures coming along? It has been a while since we heard anything on them.

*Any chance of seeing some screenshots with 3D soldiers on them soon?

Best Regards,
Cuirassier

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Some questions from a Grognard
« Réponse #31 le: 26 mars 2004, 10:11:40 am »
Citation de: "Cuirassier"
Perhaps I was not clear enough! Let me rephrase. I am assuming that I am playing in 3D mode.

*Say I am playing at the corps commander level. I have ordered my corps to deploy in a certain sector. The corps is marching. Suddenly an enemy regiment materializes on my right. How do I order one of my regiments to depart from the march and attack the enemy that is flanking me? You said that I need to left click the regiment that I have designated for attack, pick the ATTACK button in the drop-down menu, and again left click on the enemy unit to attack it.

*My question is while you are playing as the corps commander, could you order a regiment straightaway? Or do you need to first sink down to the level of the regimental commander first and then give the attack order?

You are CinC when you send orders to Corps (march, deploy, diversion, defense, link)
You are Chief of Corps when yo send order to regiment (move, attack, soutien)
You are Colonel when you modify the regiment behaviour (column, in/out skirmisher, distance of fighting)
Easy no :wink:  :?:

So, when you Left Click on a Marschall, you are Commander in Chief,
LC on regiment:
you are Marschall if you choose an order,
you are Colonel if you choose another command (formation...)

Note : there isn't difference between 2D and 3D view about the order..

*Say you have given the attack order to the said regiment. How do you get back into your role of corps commander? Do you have to click any buttons to do that?

No need... BUT there is a special mode!
When you choose the option 'Only CinC', you are only CinC, and you move with the CinC..
To move the CinC, LC on the CinC and LC on the final position.

*You are still in the corps commander role. You selected a regiment. How do you know that the regiment has been selected? Would there be any visual indicators?

When the cursor move over an unit, all datas are displayed on the small picture on the right

Note : it's an old screenshot (03/12).. the final version is a bit different.
List of orders on the menu:
move, attack, soutien, reco.. (reco is like move but the unit dosn't try to attack the opponent unit.
attach to another corps...
detach unit : in this case, the unit isn't controled by the corps. you have to control it. (but his AI is on)

ATTENTION : the right icons aren't the last one!

*How are the 3D figures coming along? It has been a while since we heard anything on them.
*Any chance of seeing some screenshots with 3D soldiers on them soon?

:) Not yet  :D BUT I think you'll see a very huge show!

Best Regards,
Cuirassier[/quote]