Auteur Sujet: Sadly, after all these years, I think it's time to call it a day...  (Lu 31832 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Sadly, after all these years, I think it's time to call it a day...
« Réponse #30 le: 13 juin 2015, 17:42:27 pm »
Hi,

This problem was fixed in the last version of HW:N.
I am working on a new build for both games in order to fix the major issues.

JMM

PS : just a annoyed problem with a virus on my Dev PC... many hours lost for deleting the bad program... really a pity...

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #31 le: 13 juin 2015, 23:11:39 pm »
Great to hear of a new patch.
I sent you some PBEM files in the last weeks with a lot of smaller issues, which sum up so in the end after some hours of playing the game isn't enjoyable anymore. Most anoying are
- sometimes Corps and units that are stuck don't obey orders even when we were playing with no order delay and
- units marching through enemy units without taking notice / stopping / firing from each other.
Did you get to fix these issues. The rest of the game is now very good when you play against human opponents because the Grand AI is not reactive.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #32 le: 14 juin 2015, 08:51:02 am »
Hello oho,

I reported the same 2 issues when playing against the AI

the first is instance is ambiguous and could be interpreted  as loss of cohesion general anxiety
French Corps were a miniature army in all effects. Depending on the ability of their leaders they
could be deadly but also very weak and inefficient. So which is the case ?
Check in the replay all the units in the corps for cohesion and morale  if all are low then my guess
would be that explains the reason why . On the other end if all are ok something is impeding progress.

second instance. I 've seen this many times now. I can't tell weather these units are in a fight or both are trying
to defend the same buildings...in my report eventually one side expels the other so it follows that they are in
a fight but the engine excludes this rendering (if I can use the word)and chooses instead to show both units in a defense
stance.

I haven't played an MP with the new patch so I can't report either way. Keep sending reports in .
Thanks for staying the course
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne Sidney77

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #33 le: 14 juin 2015, 09:18:20 am »
Again I would add that my biggest complain now is defensive formation or better its efficiency and strength. I can see it almost in every played battle. Everything goes rather fine when two opponents attacks each other, but when one of them turns to defensive formation, in the same terrain with the same obstacles and objects it gains some kind of big statistical bonus and immediately causes huge losses to attacking enemy opponent. What is worse, even unit in square is able to destroy evolved opponent infantry unit almost without suffering losses for itself. So, when one army or part of it turns to defense, you can just end battle by yourself, I find it quite unplayable since then.

I noticed some strange manoeuvring by some units, too. It seems to me that some unit (cavalry/infantry/artillery) is so focused on selected opposition unit, that it just isn't able to see surrounding enemy units. So this unit just changes formation or even relaxing in the wrong place at the wrong time just in front of enemy, and of course this unit suffers great losses because of it.

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #34 le: 14 juin 2015, 10:27:02 am »
Sidney: Please send JMM your save files with exact time when it starts and the exact corps and regiments which are involved at both side. I think JMM can then debug the code (I hope) for these objects to see, why they are not attacking / are not attacked.
My problem that I sent to JMM were Cav units with direct attack unit order by the player. They were hunting an enemy cav unit right through the defensive lines. The problem was for me not that they were attacking, but also that they weren't attacked by the defensive line units Inf/artillery, no square formation which is normally well executed.

zu Pferd, 95 % my corps move with order immediate, also the regiments work ok.
I think the 5% of corps that didn't move were not involved in combat before, so fresh and resting.

Hors ligne Sidney77

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #35 le: 14 juin 2015, 11:34:13 am »
oho: I already sent sav file(s) month(s) ago.

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #36 le: 14 juin 2015, 12:12:00 pm »
Hi Sidney,
I think we have to do a kind of a retest with each new patch-version, and if things don't seem to change, send another file (with the latest patch) and again with precise bug report. That's not very comfortable but maybe it helps JMM.
Normally he should send us a return-message (once he did for my Mails) if he thinks he had solved the issue or not and then we can retest it. At least that's what we  do in my IT-company where I work - but we have a crew of 1500 and not only 1. So I forgive the lack of communication here.
Professional testing would include one of the Beta-testers to analize the bug report save files of the comunity before, so that only unkown bugs are reported to JMM for deeper analysis.

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Sidney: Please send JMM your save files with exact time when it starts and the exact corps and regiments which are involved at both side. I think JMM can then debug the code (I hope) for these objects to see, why they are not attacking / are not attacked.
My problem that I sent to JMM were Cav units with direct attack unit order by the player. They were hunting an enemy cav unit right through the defensive lines. The problem was for me not that they were attacking, but also that they weren't attacked by the defensive line units Inf/artillery, no square formation which is normally well executed.

zu Pferd, 95 % my corps move with order immediate, also the regiments work ok.
I think the 5% of corps that didn't move were not involved in combat before, so fresh and resting.

I saw that 5% issue for exemple when there was a limbered ghost enemy battery unable to move and while the corps was passing this unit, some regiments stayed in this perimeter, probably trying to fight it, although it wasnt possible. Just like a Fata Morgana.

The overlapping of enemy units, even if often occurs due to a lack of synchronicity of the inner and 3D engine (I dont know - whatever), I personal feel appears like a passion-killer. In this context I usually miss multible fights between more than 2 units involved with each other at the same time.
I often wrote before, reaching the players, a simulation like HW should try to combine the aesthetique of arcade-games with the depth of a plausible simulation as good as ever possible.

And I agree that the defence line is too static. If the CiC orders a DL and of course attackers will try to flank it, the CC AI should be able to adjust the formation. Playing under realistic conditions a CiC being elsewhere on the battlefield cant do this in time. Especially with delay of orders.

Hors ligne Scots Grey

• Caporal
« Réponse #38 le: 12 avril 2016, 21:45:30 pm »
Any update on where the game is heading?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #39 le: 12 avril 2016, 22:06:25 pm »
Hello,

No news at this day.. always in progress...
I hope the new algorithm will be quickly operational.

Sorry  :oops:

JMM

Hors ligne Scots Grey

• Caporal
« Réponse #40 le: 13 avril 2016, 21:03:09 pm »
Thanks JMM.

Was concerned this had become abandon-ware.

Cheers