Auteur Sujet: Sadly, after all these years, I think it's time to call it a day...  (Lu 31822 fois)

Hors ligne Scots Grey

• Caporal
Re : Sadly, after all these years, I think it's time to call it a day...
« Réponse #15 le: 13 février 2015, 09:45:30 am »
Hi JMM,
Thank you for that update. I feel that even if you only post a small update perhaps once a week/fortnight people will see that the game has not been abandoned.

Despite my negativity I really want this game to be a success but it has been frustrating over these last months to see a lack of progress and information from the players point of view.

I am sure you have your reasons for the delays, but people are more understanding if they are not kept in the dark.

I said before, I admire you for taking on such a challenging venture but perhaps a longer beta test period with people on the forums, the  Grognards, might have been a better approach. As it is at the moment I feel that this is the beta test stage.

Also as I keep saying, I hope you make me eat my words and give everybody the game that you want it to be.
Thank you again for the update.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #16 le: 13 février 2015, 10:43:38 am »
Very difficult to communicate on the game... I prefer to work... and you can believe me, I almost work a lot each day.
The game ran very well, may be 0.1% in the code with some problems.. but this 0.1% breaks the gameplay...
During these last months, I tried to fix all problems. Very difficult because I have to fix without adding new bugs.
I believe the new patch will be a nice version... perhaps yet some bugs, I don't know.

That said, I can understand your frustration but I try to do the best...

Thank you for your huge patience...

JMM

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #17 le: 13 février 2015, 10:56:47 am »
I'm checking for the new patch almost every day, because with the Singleplayer, it is not really playable since the last patch (artillery ghost units, or firing over a very long distance) leader units moving strangely unmotivated. I sent save-files of it after release of the patch several months ago. So please eleminate the existing bugs and finish the 3D representation-part. We don't need brigade and division if management on corps and regimtent level works fine, otherwise I expect another year (or years) of bug-hunting - sorry to say that.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #18 le: 13 février 2015, 11:05:07 am »
The new AI (Brigade, Divsion) aren't in the next package... Just this patch fixes a lot of problems reported these last months.
Really sorry for this delay... Art runs very well at this day and again sorry for the frustration.

JMM

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Sadly, after all these years, I think it's time to call it a day...
« Réponse #19 le: 13 février 2015, 11:48:45 am »
I believe the new patch will be a nice version... perhaps yet some bugs, I don't know.
JMM

Hello JMM,
does that really mean, that all yet known bugs were corrected or are there some questionable points remaining you arent sure about if there could be bugs left or newly to appear?

Regards

Hors ligne Sidney77

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #20 le: 13 février 2015, 12:01:03 pm »
We don't need brigade and division if management on corps and regimtent level works fine, ...
Sorry, but I think this assumption is completely wrong. You just need divisions, not corps in battles. Divisons were main units to accomplish tactical objectives, not corps, which were created for strategic purposes almost exclusively. For example you will never be able to replicate Soult`s manoeuvre at Pratzen Heights and Old Vineyards without his corps divided into separate divisions (not even mention Legrand`s detachment).  And the same goes for reinforcements, movement of reserves, covering of withdrawal etc. I know you can link few regiments together, but I don´t think it`s acceptable.

Well, waiting will be even longer...

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Sorry, but I think this assumption is completely wrong. You just need divisions, not corps in battles. Divisons were main units to accomplish tactical objectives, not corps, which were created for strategic purposes almost exclusively. For example you will never be able to replicate Soult`s manoeuvre at Pratzen Heights and Old Vineyards without his corps divided into separate divisions (not even mention Legrand`s detachment).  And the same goes for reinforcements, movement of reserves, covering of withdrawal etc. I know you can link few regiments together, but I don´t think it`s acceptable.

Well, waiting will be even longer...

Agreed! But I guess, or lets say I hope, he meant, that there is no need for subordinate levels, until the concerning issues got fixed before.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Hello JMM,
does that really mean, that all yet known bugs were corrected or are there some questionable points remaining you arent sure about if there could be bugs left or newly to appear?
Regards

All yet known bugs are corrected... but I am no sure yet there are some bugs... that said, I think -if existing- these bugs will be minor.

I began to work on the AI (Brigade, Division) several months ago... before working only on the bugs and several important adjustments... So, I have to resume this task, but only after working on 3D models and new GUI... Sorry, probably several months before releasing these new AI... however very quickly a new version of Great Tactical AI more reactive...

JMM

PS : Austerlitz is a very good example... but you can build a OoB with the 3 Divisions affected to 3 groups in order to simulate the Soult Corps. Not the best, but a method to wait the AIs...

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #23 le: 13 février 2015, 17:02:44 pm »
JMM and all,

I'm actually pleased that the current bugs have been addressed (especially ghost artillery after re-loading a saved game) before implementing new features because these types of bugs are game breaking.  I haven't played HWN for months because of the artillery problem.  If this alone were fixed, at least it would be playable and I would happily jump back into it again.  Having a fun and playable game makes waiting for an improved game quite palatable.  What's almost unpalatable is having a game you used to know as fun in a currently unplayable state (a game you spent $60 for) while waiting for supposed upgrades that may still be months away.  Quite frustrating, actually. 

I will always be a fan of yours, JMM, and I will always be a fan of HWN.  None of this is at stake in what I am saying.  But thinking about the customers of the product is just as much a part of game development as technically developing the game.  Just throwing that out there.

Thanks for all you do, sir.  You will always have my deepest respect!

MJ
MarshalJean

Hors ligne John1815

• Caporal
« Réponse #24 le: 16 février 2015, 20:18:15 pm »
I'd rather have the AI take priority than eye candy.

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #25 le: 23 février 2015, 10:25:55 am »
Just waiting for the new patch with a lot of bad behaviours fixed... just some days...

JMM

Hello JMM,

how many of the few days did pass yet? Any idea if you will release the patch this week?

Sorry, but I didnt really realize the plan for the next time.
Could you describe a roadmap about what features we can expect next chronologically? I am not asking for any release-dates of the following packages. Just a propper sequence according your plans of upcoming projects.

Greetings

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #26 le: 23 février 2015, 11:41:37 am »
Hi,

I have to adjust some parameters and I saw during the last tests some bad behaviours generated during I fixed previous bugs. One of them is critical and I must fix this one.
To be honest, I thought I can release the new version yesterday... missed...

Planning:
-the new GUI,
-the new 3D models... (because I have to delay the Division and Brigade AI),
-new Great Tactical AI,
-the two Div/Brig AIs,
-the 2 new editors (map, oob)
-the campaign editor.

Because a lot of problems are fixed in the game, it is possible I build a new patch for each new bugs detected. I tried during these last months to fix all issues and to adjust some parameters.

I hope it's clear... and I am very annoyed for the huge delay in the planning. It's like that and the team tries to do the best.

JMM

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #27 le: 24 février 2015, 09:58:32 am »
Hello JMM,

excellent news for everyone.
I check the forum periodically; as soon as the patch comes out I will also test.
Regarding the map editor; are you suggesting we suspend the use of older maps HW Napoleon
as well as transferring from the maps from the original game into the editor ?
Looking forward to open up the campaign program to check it out.

Thanks again for the update

zu
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #28 le: 12 juin 2015, 23:45:08 pm »
I installed the last patch 03n0b. It would have been nice to have a list of fixes or changes. I still notice that when reloading a saved game the artillery is situated so far away from the previous position making my entire plan unworkable. Does this patch contain the new Great Tactical AI or the Div/Brig AI ???

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #29 le: 13 juin 2015, 17:28:29 pm »
Bah... it's very annoying. Is there anybody else having problems with artillery? Not only I find it at entirely other place after opening the savegame, but very often it won't move no mater how many times I give the order.