Auteur Sujet: Latest from JMM  (Lu 6918 fois)

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
Latest from JMM
« le: 16 novembre 2014, 18:39:47 pm »
Taken from French part of forum, a small update on the work that has been going on, hope JMM doesn't mind, it translates quite well and hopefully will save him a job...

It is time to take stock .. already in French before doing later in English ...

The latest start date of July ... this is long, very long, too long .. and I'll try to make ensure from last many more days, especially since the last 4 months changes are numerous.

In fact, I took a little rest in July but then work consistently since August. This has resulted in a message, then it has no information on what ...

Numerous bug fixes and improvements have been made ...
Here is a "almost exhaustive" list:
- The buildings are finally over and the map editor has been updated; This is a major change in the program since the built-up areas are no longer consist of a whole block (a large mesh) but by a set of neighborhood variables dimensions. It is now quite easy to change a party; ultimately, this will allow modders to easily add their own construction.
- Lake and marshes are now in place, and some improvement of rivers and crossing fords.
- The behavior of the units has been reviewed, including fights with high densities; all is not yet completely settled, but there is much better. The fire losses have been modified with a few bug fixes (but it does not affect the amount of the loss, rather the assignment, so the final summary information)
- Shooting figurines with a rotation toward the target (not before shooting, even if the opponent is not really in front)
- Shooting figurines knee (which had disappeared)
- Moving figurines to prevent slippage
- Skirmishers position early in the game
- Management of falling figurines (more in line with the position of the shooters)

- Command "army commander" for all units are with any initiative (better control by the player)
- Management of the position of defending units during recovery (misplacement)
- New management (more accurate) to the direction of flight
- Management of the position of the infantry to fire
- Management of the response of the infantry without order / no initiative to attack an enemy
- Fixed bug for placing units (result: less stress)
- Deployment of the guns along the banks easier
- Fixed bug management point of a support unit (bond order)
- Fixed bug on shooting efficiency for certain types of infantry regiment
- Best behavior management from the side threats
- Severe bug on calculating distances in the engine management VictWar (Combat Management, Threats, Trajectory) reaction units that may be wrong.

All these corrections have a lot of time; there are still some problems ... A list was compiled on the English part of this site.
I have to correct for the next patch (version) the problem of artillery .... important for PBEM games and party occasions

@ Very soon .. and I'll try to be more present on this forum, and communicate more.

JMM

The information about the buildings is interesting, and with modders help will probably reduce the uniformity we see on the battlefield now.
A lot of changes that should improve the 3d interpretation on the field.
Hope the artillery fix can be put out as a patch sooner rather than later, hope we don't have wait until July (may be some misunderstanding here on my part?).
Anyway, any news is better than no news.
« Modifié: 16 novembre 2014, 18:42:04 pm par [NBC]Friant »

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Latest from JMM
« Réponse #1 le: 16 novembre 2014, 19:46:07 pm »

- The buildings are finally over and the map editor has been updated; This is a major change in the program since the built-up areas are no longer consist of a whole block (a large mesh) but by a set of neighborhood variables dimensions. It is now quite easy to change a party; ultimately, this will allow modders to easily add their own construction.

I wonder if that means that bigger build-up-areas like towns can be sized by several units which could represent a decent urban warfare?!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : Latest from JMM
« Réponse #2 le: 16 novembre 2014, 20:05:02 pm »
I wonder if that means that bigger build-up-areas like towns can be sized by several units which could represent a decent urban warfare?!

No yet.. we have to work on the internal engine itself for this feature.
That said, at this day, HW:N is not really able to simulate a real urban warfare...
There are some exceptions, but there wasn't any big town on the mean battlefield... (exception like Smolensk, Peninsular War...).
A regiment with 2 battalions (1500 men) seems a good figure for occupied a village / hamlet... (300 for each side)
Just a comment for the defence of building.. The internal engine put the troops on the real side attacked... In the present graphical engine, the troops are displayed on each side, no conform with the internal presentation.

JMM
« Modifié: 16 novembre 2014, 20:14:21 pm par JMM »

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Re : Latest from JMM
« Réponse #3 le: 16 novembre 2014, 20:42:45 pm »
No yet.. we have to work on the internal engine itself for this feature.
That said, at this day, HW:N is not really able to simulate a real urban warfare...
There are some exceptions, but there wasn't any big town on the mean battlefield... (exception like Smolensk, Peninsular War...).
A regiment with 2 battalions (1500 men) seems a good figure for occupied a village / hamlet... (300 for each side)
Just a comment for the defence of building.. The internal engine put the troops on the real side attacked... In the present graphical engine, the troops are displayed on each side, no conform with the internal presentation.

JMM

I see!
Would probably be a nice feature in the future, but for sure most of the other things on the to-do-list are currently of much higher importance.