Auteur Sujet: HWLG maps  (Lu 6885 fois)

Hors ligne Bob1966

• Soldat
HWLG maps
« le: 22 septembre 2014, 17:50:29 pm »
Not sure if this has been covered or not, but are the HWLG maps compatible with HWN?

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
Re : HWLG maps
« Réponse #1 le: 22 septembre 2014, 20:18:48 pm »
Hello, sir!

I believe that they are.  At least I have used several of them.  I usually go first into the HWN map editor, open up the map from HWLG that I plan to use in HWN, save it over the same name, and then open it in the game.  It always loads fine with the new HWN textures and graphics.

Hope this helps!

MJ
MarshalJean

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 23 septembre 2014, 14:42:50 pm »
I believe that they are.  At least I have used several of them.  I usually go first into the HWN map editor, open up the map from HWLG that I plan to use in HWN, save it over the same name, and then open it in the game.  It always loads fine with the new HWN textures and graphics.
Excellent information, I can confirm this works.

I knew the "old" maps worked OK, but not the part about "converting" them to the new style, very good, just wish I had some of the old maps now because, stupid me, I lost all my old maps (except a few I had copied to another folder) when I took LG off my pc and put N on.

Hors ligne Forrest

• Adjudant
« Réponse #3 le: 23 septembre 2014, 14:53:48 pm »
Ive gone so far as to install the Peninsula and Waterloo mods into HWN and had no problems except that the English uniforms looked more maroon than scarlet.  But Im color blind so YMMV.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 23 septembre 2014, 15:12:07 pm »
Good news for me : I found all my old HWLG maps on an old data stick I had forgotten about, well over a 100 of them..........ha.

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #5 le: 23 septembre 2014, 15:37:30 pm »
I've done the same, Forrest.  Glad to still use these mods with HWN.  Also glad you found your maps, Gunner.  You can also download a bunch from the Depot, which is where I've found the majority of mine.  Just download from HWLN depot, but install (copy and paste) them into the HWN maps folder.  Then, as noted above, open them in HWN map editor, save them with same name, and use them in the game! 

Enjoy.
MJ
MarshalJean

Hors ligne Forrest

• Adjudant
« Réponse #6 le: 23 septembre 2014, 17:34:08 pm »
The only issue is I recall JMM saying he was going to change the file format/path or something so that those old mods wont work after the next HWN update.  I don't know if that extended to the maps themselves or just the unit data.

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #7 le: 23 septembre 2014, 20:45:11 pm »
I remember him saying the same thing, Forrest.  It bothered me enough to cause me to wonder if I will update my game until it is all completed and the Waterloo version is released with the British and the Prussians.  I play a lot of solo gaming, using HWN to resolve battles from Grand Strategy board games that I also play solo.  Obviously, the British and Prussians are major combatants in these board games, and need to be represented in Histwar for me to continue my role-playing.  I would hate to give up these nations as properly represented for what could be quite a while until the Waterloo version is released.  I think HWN, as it is now, working well with old HWLG maps, OoBs, and mods, is quite enjoyable and playable. 

Anyway, no one was asking to know all of this.  Guess I just wanted to share...    :roll:

MJ
MarshalJean

Hors ligne Forrest

• Adjudant
« Réponse #8 le: 24 septembre 2014, 15:10:39 pm »
Ive considered the same thing MarshalJean, but I actually prefer HW:LG over HWN.  If there wasn't so much dang French in the file structure I might be able to figure out how to fix it when JMM does make the change. ;)

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #9 le: 24 septembre 2014, 15:29:05 pm »
That'd be great!  If you ever do figure it out, let me know!  I can read some French, and along with Google Translate, I can almost always figure out what is being said, but I don't have a deep level of computer code editing skill...

MJ
MarshalJean