Auteur Sujet: micro-management  (Lu 4533 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
micro-management
« le: 05 mars 2004, 18:37:54 pm »
Question!

Can YOU talk about the micro-management :arrow:
Your point of view is....

JMM

Hors ligne Bil H

• Caporal
micro-management
« Réponse #1 le: 05 mars 2004, 18:57:10 pm »
Sure, keep it to a minimum.    :D  

Seriously, I would love to be able to give orders to an HQ, (lets say Brigade) and then have the Battalions under that HQ react realistically based on their doctrine and the situation.  One thing I do not like about most wargames is the amount of micro-management needed to play effectively.  I have only played one game (Highway to the Reich - or HTTR) that deals with this problem effectively and realistically.

HTTR allows the player to give orders at any echelon, from Company (smallest element on the map) to the supreme HQ (usually Corps or Division level).. often I play somewhere in between, giving orders to Battalions and Brigades/Regiments.

Bil

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
micro-management
« Réponse #2 le: 05 mars 2004, 19:06:56 pm »
Real-time wargames are doomed without a friendly AI that handles the troops on a regiment level.

This friendly AI needs to be good enough so you don't have to micro manage just because the AI doesn't do a good job.

I especially like the doctrine feature of Les Grognards that allows you to alter the friendly AI behaviour. This is something I never seen in any other game.  :D

Still It should be possible to micro manage just in case... :wink:

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Grouchy

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Capitaine
    • http://www.histwar.com
micro-management
« Réponse #3 le: 06 mars 2004, 17:10:03 pm »
Bil and me are somewhat spoiled by HttR :)
Imo the game did set a new standard and I compare other games against it.

If the player decide his attention is needed somewhere on the left flak, the AI should certainly be able to run the centre and right flank.
In other words micromanagement should not be compulsory to be effective and get good results, but just an extra.
"LA cavalry general should be a master of practical science,know the value of seconds, despise life, and not trust to chance. Napoleon"L